Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well like I said maybe a month ago my car with in the shop for bad mainbearings. I think he fixed the car well it sounds normal and it moves still quick. I was planning on taking my car to Honda to get the following done how much do you think this will all cost me. Flush radiator,New clutch fluid, change tranny oil, oil change, new timing belt, cam seals, I have no clue how much this is going to cost if someone can give me a estimate. Also i was told that the reason why my oil light still comes on, is because I have to resest the computer is this true?

·
Registered
7,189 Posts
the computer prob wasn't reset when the code was fixed (assuming it was?) last time, so reset the computer or unplug the battery for like 30 minutes and that'll fix that. if it comes on again after that, then the problem is still there.

if you take it to honda, they'll reset it prob when they are working on it. I had tranny fluid changed, oil changed, fluids capped off and the little stuff (30k service) and it was around 250.

the timing belt will be the $$ costly one.

·
The Good Stuff
3,587 Posts
2qu1k4u said:
the timing belt will be the $$ costly one.
A tip, shop around for the best price. I woulda changed mine myself but I just didn't have the time. One place wanted $550 to do it. I wound up getting it done for $326. I still feel I coulda got it done for less but like I said, I needed it done.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts