Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The car came with a front license plate bracket on it. I took it off and scrubbed the area where it was for like 10 mins straight and I think it's stained.. Anyone know how I could possibly clean it up? Or would it be my best bet to just buy a better looking mount to fill the space? Although I like the way it looks without any mount at all ALOT more.

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
wet sand and buff

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
there prob is... but youll prob pull paint too and i didnt think you wanted to go the repaint route either lol... i wanna say there is something but i cant remember what it was... but your best bet will prob be the wet sand and buff

·
Registered
194 Posts
Might as well touch up the whole stain?? Would that work?
Posted via Mobile

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
you gotta be handy with that pen... its hard to use actually... i hated using it

·
Registered
2,666 Posts
try just polishing compound first, only wetsand if that doesn't work. I bet it will though. You can just use a cloth. Abuffer isn't required.

·
Registered
5,450 Posts
goo gone, give that a shot or rubbing alcohol. Its worked for me in the past

I took my front license plate off a long time ago as well and it looks so much better. When I took mine off it scratched all the way through the paint but luckily the day before I took it off someone had backed into my car when it was parked and I got a full front end paint job and 1 piece headlights for free haha

·
Registered
526 Posts
My first try would be rubbing alcohol like previously stated

then clay bar if first fails

then buffing if second fails

then last resort wet sand and buff

·
Registered
109 Posts
i would say use a clay bar
i used brake cleaner one time. it will take off your paint if you use too much but it worked if you use a little on a towl

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Rubbing alcohol didnt work so I tried this stuff that my mom uses to clean the stove. WORKED PERFECTLY. lol

·
Premium Member
3,207 Posts
Put the plate back on. You'll bitch later on when you get a ticket for not having a plate up front.

Unless you live in PA or one of those other states that don't require a front plate. But then again, why would you even have had that bracket there in the first place.

Put it back on.

·
Registered
2,666 Posts
I've never gotten a ticket for no front plate. It looks soo much better in my opinion.

Isn't it just a fix-it ticket in most states, where you can just bring in a picture with the plate on?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts