Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

Administrator
Get beneath the car and replace the hose if that is your issue. If it's something more such as the crossover pipe o-ring, you will need to remove the thermostat housing and pipe in order to swap out the bad o-ring.

Or simply take it to your local mechanic with the parts in hand.

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
Not sure if
Get beneath the car and replace the hose if that is your issue. If it's something more such as the crossover pipe o-ring, you will need to remove the thermostat housing and pipe in order to swap out the bad o-ring.

do I have to get a special hose or just get a hose from auto part store with some new clamps

Administrator
You can purchase it from Honda. It goes to the heater valve or core mounted onto the bulkhead. Universal heater hose works in a pinch, but does not always bend the way it is needed.

Registered
Discussion Starter #6
You can purchase it from Honda. It goes to the heater valve or core mounted onto the bulkhead. Universal heater hose works in a pinch, but does not always bend the way it is needed.
I鈥檓 guessing the only way to get to the heater hose is from underneath the car, I can fit my hand under the manifold and feel the entire hose and clamps which are the ones you squeeze to get off. Problem is I can鈥檛 see what I doing. I have a low profile jack but don鈥檛 have any stands. I鈥檓 a newbie to this I need all the advice I can get.

Administrator
I鈥檓 guessing the only way to get to the heater hose is from underneath the car, I can fit my hand under the manifold and feel the entire hose and clamps which are the ones you squeeze to get off. Problem is I can鈥檛 see what I doing. I have a low profile jack but don鈥檛 have any stands. I鈥檓 a newbie to this I need all the advice I can get.
My first response to you.

Edit*
Best time to purchase a good jack and stands would be now. Work safely.

Registered
Remove your air intake tube and you鈥檒l have enough space to do this job from above.
I did it this month and I鈥檓 also new to cars and this was not very challenging.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts