Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Quick question. Last night my car started leaking coolant, but I couldn't find the leak until this morning. Revved the car while looking under the hood, found the problem hose. Pinhole leak. What is this hose called (so I can get a replacement) and how hard is it to replace?

Whoops. Meant to post the edited ones.

The problem hose:

And the pinhole spray when revved:

·
Herp Derp Lerp
1,568 Posts
i dunno what its called but i have replaced that hose before but mine busted. It will take you a good while unless you take out some stuff. Good luck.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hrm. I don't really have time right now to do anything like that... Do you think it'll be safe to just patch it or use some kind of goo to fill the hole if I top off and bleed the system?

·
Banned
13,157 Posts
you are a lucky guy. there is a much cheaper easier route to fixing your leak. because the leak is so close to the end of the hose on that end, just pop that one end of the hose off, cut the end of the hose off where the leak is (ie: cut through the hose directly where the leak is located), and stick the line back on with the clamp. simple as that.

after cutting the end of the hose off past where the leak is, it still leaves enough hose left to fully seat and clamp.

lucky bastard! if only all of us experienced coolant leaks that close to the end of a hose with so much extra hose left after the leaky spot lol.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts