Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
I read up on some instructions or "how-to's" regarding flushing and replacing the engine coolant, but I'm looking for someone who can help me find the bleeder screw and thermostat? I appologize if this seems like a dumb question but I want to drain the old coolant and replace the thermostat while I'm at it. Any pics or instructions would be a great help!
Thank you - 1990 Prelude - B20A swap.

·
Registered
2,761 Posts
Its in the online manual. But the drain plug is at the bottom of the radiator and the thermostat is inside of the thermostat housing.

·
2ludes 1s2000
10,675 Posts

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
dont forget to bleed the cooling system, using the bleed nut on the thermostat housing- bleed the system with the heater on full and tighten the nut as soon as you get a constant flow of coolant comming out witth no air

·
Premium Member
4,397 Posts
2 simple bolts on the thermo housing. I'd suggest draining the coolant first to get as much out of the pipes as u can so you wont spill too much, and of course dont work on it when the coolant is hot ;)

·
Registered
69 Posts
since were o the suject, just a couple of weeks ago, i drained mine, but i didnt bleed it, will anyting bad happen?

·
Premium Member
748 Posts
hey guys... im not gonna thread jack but .... this helped me out b/c i was looking under the radiator for the bleed screw :) you guys rock

·
Registered
828 Posts
jdubya said:
since were o the suject, just a couple of weeks ago, i drained mine, but i didnt bleed it, will anyting bad happen?
Bleed it immidiately! Air pockets can ruin flow of the coolant. Dont want that now do you?

·
Premium Member
9,128 Posts
jdubya said:
Yes, if you have air pockets your engine will overheat. At the very least you will have problems with your heater when the weather gets cold.

·
Premium Member
748 Posts
sorry to thread-jack, but i added fluid and bleed the system, and if the heats not on the temp gauges goes up near the H ...... one thing i noticed is that the fans are not on.. but after i shut the car off they turn on ... so any help would be awesome
one thing i didnt notice was that u had to have the heat on while u bleed.... i will try that tomorrow :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts