Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys and gals. Having trouble finding said pipe (19505 pk2 750). At this point would ship from japan as opposed to scouring every scrap yard in a 300 mile radius. Any suggestions, resources, or general ideas? Much appreciated.

·
Premium Member
16,754 Posts
Hi guys and gals. Having trouble finding said pipe (19505 pk2 750). At this point would ship from japan as opposed to scouring every scrap yard in a 300 mile radius. Any suggestions, resources, or general ideas? Much appreciated.
If you can get it new from there, then that is your only option.
Or else take the pipe off and have a fabricator fix the one you have.

·
Registered
12 Posts

I'm having the same problem with my '89 4WS. There is another part number for the same pipe according to my mechanic - 19505 pk2 660 is the original part number. Do you know how and where to get one from Japan? We've been looking for two days now and can't find one - I'll gladly go the Japan route if it means I can get my car back on the road. Or if you have any other ideas - I'm all ears.

So far as a fabricator - my mechanic says there's about a 30% chance of saving the pipe. It's probably the original one from the factory since the car only has 105K miles on it. The bad news for me is the 4WS pipe is different than the standard '89 pipe so even the junkyard route is a long shot.

Anything you got - I'm all ears and I'd be most appreciative. I'm parked until I get it. THANKS!

·
Premium Member
16,754 Posts
I'm having the same problem with my '89 4WS. There is another part number for the same pipe according to my mechanic - 19505 pk2 660 is the original part number. Do you know how and where to get one from Japan? We've been looking for two days now and can't find one - I'll gladly go the Japan route if it means I can get my car back on the road. Or if you have any other ideas - I'm all ears.

So far as a fabricator - my mechanic says there's about a 30% chance of saving the pipe. It's probably the original one from the factory since the car only has 105K miles on it. The bad news for me is the 4WS pipe is different than the standard '89 pipe so even the junkyard route is a long shot.

Anything you got - I'm all ears and I'd be most appreciative. I'm parked until I get it. THANKS!
Sorry but there is no Japan options either, all of Honda is discontinued.

·
Registered
268 Posts
www.row52.com

Register, log in, Search for Preludes, "Check Need a Part". If they have one ANYWHERE they will email you, arrange payment and ship the pipe to you.

Presently there are 6 Preludes online to pick parts from. When I sprung a coolant leak over a year ago, I lucked out and mine was solid, 1 of the Users here had 1 in his stock though, They may still have it. Luzer I think had it..... Just checked my messages. as of 2 years ago Ricky, aka BA5, had a coolant pipe.

I may check out the Red one in Lake Stevens for some head light retaining rings this weekend. I can also check if they have a pipe.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts