Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone ever had problems with installing ES poly bushings on the front control arms? The hole for the inner bushing to frame on my control arms are 1.370 inner diameter(yes the old shell is out). The outer diameter of the ES bushings are 1.500 on the outer shells and 1.530 on the inner part. They definitely won't go in with being an 1/8"-3/16" larger.

The part numbers are stamped correctly for the package. I'm going to call ES today but something isn't right. Just wondering if I'm the only person who has had problems.

·
Registered
2,832 Posts
What ES part numbers did you use?

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I ordered part # 16.3119G. I have a '97 Base model. The instructions say SH model on them but according to ES's website the base and SH have the same part number for 5th gen's. The only different part number I found was for 92-96 Preludes. They use part # 16.3106G.

·
Administrator
6,802 Posts
I believe that is your issue. The fix is using part of a 4th Gen kit if I'm not mistaken. I cant confirm 100% until later tonight when I get to the shop.

Not all of the sh bushings are the same, I pieced my kit together to avoid that.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I believe that is your issue. The fix is using part of a 4th Gen kit if I'm not mistaken. I cant confirm 100% until later tonight when I get to the shop.

Not all of the sh bushings are the same, I pieced my kit together to avoid that.
I talked to ES and he said their website is wrong. Part 16.3119G is for an SH only and they don't make a bushing for the 97-01 base model. He's supposed to measure the OD of the bushings from a 92-96 model and call me back.

·
Registered
2,832 Posts
yep, you need the bb4 bushings as the ES one for the 97 up do not fit the base model, on the se and sh models.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yep, you need the bb4 bushings as the ES one for the 97 up do not fit the base model, on the se and sh models.
What about for the upper control arms. Will the bushings from the SH kit fit the upper control arms? I know that the upper bushings in the 92-96 kit won't work.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts