Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 90 prelude b21a1. Was looking for the odb1 connector on it and found a plug on the fire wall with a yellow rubber cover on it. I did the cross over on it and it didnt give me any code so I'm guessing that's not it. So where is it located on this car and what was that plug on the fire wall?

·
Registered
3,668 Posts
That should be it. You turned the key to the on position, right?

If that's not working you could always check the light on the ECU itself. It's under the little carpet flap on the passenger side floor, kinda under the dashboard.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well when I did that the light didn't give a code it just stayed on. The ecu would just flash once and go off. Reason I thought it was the wrong port

·
Registered
3,668 Posts
It's normal for the CEL to stay on from when you turn the key to on until you start the car or turn the key back off. In other words, that sounds like normal behavior and might just mean you aren't making a connection with your jumper.

I can't remember off the top of my head what the ECU light normally does, but it sounds to me like you might just not have any trouble codes stored. Or have you seen the CEL while driving?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Car won't start. It had a bad fuel pump and relay. Replaced both and it's getting fuel and has great compression. Its on great time and every time I try to start it and I left of my push button it acts like it wants to start. My spark plugs are good and my wires are good. So is my dizzy and rotor. So I was trying to see what the car would tell me is wrong but it didnt tell me. So idk if maybe crank sensor or what. Idk how to check if it is and id hate to just put a new one in.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts