Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What exactly do I need to connect my obd computer to a laptop? Also where can I buy it? thx

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
it all depends on what u want to monitor, if its just to check codes u can get it at autozone or ebay for around 70ish. but it u actually wana monitor engine stats you need to get ur ecu chipped with a 4 pin header and get a datalogging cable, i used to have a site for it but dont know where it is if i find it i will post it. then then just get uberdata software for ur lappy, plug in the usb and ur good to go, i just dont see the point of doing this to your stock ecu, cause eventually when ur gonna want to achieve higher power goals ur gonna need to ditch your obd2 anyway

hope that helps

·
Registered
793 Posts
cant get uber on a obd2 anyways so i would just say to ditch obd2 get a p28 uberdata or chrome and viola

·
bangin' gears
15,675 Posts
useless swapping to OBDI if you just want to moniter things. Your just gonna get yourself into something that is expensive.

not to mention if you go OBDI your going to have to get tuned. Looking at spending 600-700 dollars just to have a laptop in there.

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
All you need is a power inverter.

·
Registered
6,273 Posts
LewdLude said:
All you need is a power inverter.
yea man, lol. Cig lighter to laptop, haha. He never said he wanted it to control his car.

if you glued it to your roof it would also be connected to the car

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
Yeah, this thread is pretty pointless. Get a mini jack cord and you can hook it up to your stereo and listen to your iTunes (actual results may vary based on the stereo and/or laptop used and may require the additional purchase of a mini jack to RCA converter)

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
For 50 bucks plus and an inverter, you can have GPS navigation in your car

the rca jack is like 3 bucks at wally world, you can plug and play your mp3's just like the others said

add some wireless broadband and you'll be good to go!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts