Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know where we can get a hold of a condenser fan motor or assembly?The 4th gen shroud look similar but dont have any measurements that I have found. Our shroud is 12x12.5... fan is a little 9" motor is about 3.75" diameter. Shroud mounting holes about 5.25" apart from each other on the top. Help lol

·
Premium Member
4,294,967,295 Posts
does the radiator fan motor not fit? rockauto has a bunch of fan motors and so does ebay and lots of places. If you need a new shroud a good used is probably your best bet. Lots of people have switched over to slim fans.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They are different. I think a motor from a 93 will work but need to find out if they mount the same. Then change out the connector. I may have to go to a slim fan but they seem to get pricy and not sure what to get yet.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Did you happen to find one that fits. I'm having the same trouble. i purchased one one Amazon but the shaft is too short. I'm very surprised no one else has mentioned this problem as parts are becoming a problem with the 3rd Gen's.

·
Premium Member
16,518 Posts
Did you happen to find one that fits. I'm having the same trouble. i purchased one one Amazon but the shaft is too short. I'm very surprised no one else has mentioned this problem as parts are becoming a problem with the 3rd Gen's.
Becoming??? lol!!!!

What your talking about, parts have always been a problem for this chassis after the 2000's.

Its a simple solution, just get those cheap aftermarket slim fans and bam! Your all fixed.
I have done a write up on swapping those OE fans out for more room and better air flow.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts