Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I enjoy a quite ride, well quiet with the exception of the VTEC screaming and my Apex'i exhaust growling as I cruise around town. Nothing peevs me more than to hear those faint yet highly annoying rattles that scratch at my brain until I go insane! Anyway, where have you heard rattling from in your Lude? What did you do about it?

I'm getting a rattling from the front of my car as well as the back seat passenger side panel... Well the front I think is the splash guard becauese the 2 of the 3 10mm'ish screws are missing and the hood-even when fully latched still moves up and down about a quarter inch. In the rear, I'm not sure whats rattling just know its comming from under the rear seat passenger side pannel...or maybe the deck behind the rear seats...

So where are yours, where do we need to look for these elusive bastards!?

-JB

·
bangin' gears
15,676 Posts
thats what you get for modding an old car. Man i cant wait for someone to experience riding in my car. Its insane how much noise it makes. :shock:

·
Registered
59 Posts
i get rattling from the back, still haven't figured out where. I'm thinking its from the 3rd brakelight housing rattling against the back glass, but i dunno. I have a slight exhaust leak, so my whole car is rattling right now, but i can hear some especially in the door panels. This should be fixed as soon as i find someone to weld my header on for me

·
Registered
114 Posts
Yeah, i got rattling in my 94 integra in that same spot (behind the back passenger side panel, on the left side). It was funny because it would only rattle when I was driving 88mph-92mph. After that it would go away.

I would reach back on occasion and lightly put my hand on the panel and it would stop. I thought it might have been the seatbelt inside but I will never truly know since I sold the teg to get the lude (best decision I've ever made).

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
mine just started fucking rattling out of nowhere and its completely stock...although i do blast the music all the time

it rattles mainly around the steering wheel/dash/around the front window pillars, annoys the crap out of me bcuz it started doing it out of nowhere and it was quiet as fuck before :mad:

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
2qu1k4u said:
it must suck for your cars to rattle :)
and yours doesnt? at all? HOW?!?!?!:eek:mg:

·
Registered
189 Posts
I get my rattling from the Third brakelight, and my passengerside doorlock.

The door lock all i have to do is touch and it will stop rattling for a while. The third brakelight Im just gonna take out since I have a spoiler with a thrid brakelight in it :)

·
Registered
643 Posts
I got one that is probably from the heat shield on the cat. Sounds like it is coming from the underside of the front half of the car, and only happens at about 35mph+. Had my dealer check it out since I have comprehensive warranty coverage for a year and they repositioned the heat shield but the rattle still persisted.

Aside from that, my right rear brake makes a clicking noise under light pressure, which goes away after moderate to heavy pressure is applied. The dealer has also checked that out a few times and has replaced the brake pad retainer clips, which also did not solve the problem. Mechanically they say everything is working fine and it might just be a noise that I have to live with, and they haven't gotten back to me yet if their manager will pay to have new rotors put on the back (remember, this is under warranty, and mechanically everything works - noise is just cosmetic). If new rotors solve the problem, I'll let you all know.

·
Registered
708 Posts
i got one in the back right side, i hear it on the highway, but only sometimes, it comes and goes.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts