Honda Prelude Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,153 Posts

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
so if u get sevens on boost only run them for ur tune or change them every time u do an oil change lol..
our local tuner here sells them way cheap 10 dalla for the set =)

·
Banned
13,157 Posts
so if u get sevens on boost only run them for ur tune or change them every time u do an oil change lol..
our local tuner here sells them way cheap 10 dalla for the set =)
they're $8 a set at advance auto.

but lets do the math:
an engine that over time achieves 45k miles:

new copper plugs every 3k = 15 sets of plugs. 15 x 8 = $120.00, plus the extra time to actually gap them and change them at every oil change.
new irridium plugs: $28 for the set, never have to re-gap them, never have to replace them.

i'll stick with irridiums

·
bangin' gears
15,676 Posts
coppers will last longer than 3000. Even on my high compression motor running fairly aggressive timing they still last me about 5000 miles before i see the AFR's start to act up. but i no longer DD the car so i'm for damn sure not about to run an expensive plug.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Shopping for plugs for my N/A build brought me here. I'm seeing two sub-part numbers for the BKR7EIX (BKR7EIX/2667, Civic R18; and BKR7EIX-11/6988, K-series, B-series VTEC, and S2000), and I can't tell the difference between them other than the -11 being pre-gapped to .044" (source). Does that mean it's not designed to handle gap adjustment, and so the 2667 is simply a more universal plug? Neither say they 'fit' the Prelude, but I just want to double check with anyone that might know:

21 - 29 of 29 Posts