Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was told it might be a ball joint only in cold weather my driver side wheel is making some crazy ass squeaking only when i turn the wheel not in a straight line if im sittin still and move the wheel its so loud and drivin my crazy. i did recently put new wheels n tires on it but it was warm and didnt make anyt noise till it got cold has anyone ever had this problem? car is lowered all the way with coilovers and i think they are stuck but it ust rides so shitty i like the look of the height and the way it eats corners but is there a point when your car is to low and could that be the reason its wmaking all yhat noise, [please help it wont stop squeakin ]

·
Registered
9,584 Posts
i was told it might be a ball joint only in cold weather my driver side wheel is making some crazy ass squeaking only when i turn the wheel not in a straight line if im sittin still and move the wheel its so loud and drivin my crazy. i did recently put new wheels n tires on it but it was warm and didnt make anyt noise till it got cold has anyone ever had this problem? car is lowered all the way with coilovers and i think they are stuck but it ust rides so shitty i like the look of the height and the way it eats corners but is there a point when your car is to low and could that be the reason its wmaking all yhat noise, [please help it wont stop squeakin ]
What struts are you using with the coilovers?

The stock struts do not take well to lowered 3rd gens. They pretty much always wear out or 'blow'. If you buy some nice Tokico Blues you can lower the car with good results.

Coilovers are overall frowned upon.

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
if you are running over sized rims and tires it could be causing you power steering pump to make a groaning noise....other than that if they are racing tires they can make a noise against the pavement(friction i guess) but i doubt it since racing tires get really hard in cold weather. a balljoint usually makes a clunk/squeak noise if its worn out,also check you upper control arm bushings(tend to cause noises as they wear out).

·
Premium Member
16,788 Posts

It might be your lower ball joint. Turn your wheel all the way out and take look at the ball joing that is underneath the lower control arm right next to the tire. Check to see if there is grease all down there and if the boot is torn.

Mine made that noise the very first day I dropped it on some coilover sleeves. I figured it was the sacrifice for lowering it and lived with it for two years, and come to find out I was about to lose my driverside wheel. The boot was torn and the grease was gone.

We have a few members on here who lost their wheels due to this, and had to pay some big money to get it fixed.

There is a write-up in the performance thread in the stickies.

·
Registered
121 Posts
You got almost the same identitical squeaking problem when i still had my old lude....everytime it was cold out..and i turn it will have this irritating squeak ... but when the weather was warm..i wouldnt hear any squeak...i finally found out that my drivers side lower ball joint was going out...so im positive its a ball joint because since you lowered it..it puts more pressure on it too..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts