Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6,273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After having the flex's for a month or so now, the driver side site a tad lower than the passenger side (makes sense right?) but I'm curious. Should I set it so the car is even on all sides or should I have it so each shock is the same? I guess with the way they adjust it doesnt matter... I drive alone 70-80% of my driving but it would look better if it was even all around...

Ideally would the car be front higher, rear higher, or the same everywhere? If the front was a little lower i'd see oversteer a bit more right? But for DD situations the front sitting .5 inches higher might be safer for speedbumps and stuff? i'm thinking about this too much right now I guess, I want to mess with it but it's raining right now and I don't have a garage.

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
I like it relatively even all the way around (the way your white lude is set-up)...that feels optimal IMO and I like the looks of everything being the same height.

I guess it could come down to personal preference. I will look at it tomorrow and tell ya. ;)

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
I would set each coilover so you're even all around. Find a perfectly flat slab to get your measurements first. I live in an apartment, all the pavement here is on a grade, so I found an flat slab where a hotel used to be. Measure from the center of the wheel to the edge of the fender, not from the ground to the fender. Make your adjustments, then go back to the same slab that you took your measurements and remeasure. Just remember to recheck in the same spot. Going back and forth may be a pain the ass unless you have something flat right at your house. If you really want to be picky then sit in the car and have friend take the measurement, this way your weight is taken into consideration for the left side. Have fun with all that :)

·
2ludes 1s2000
10,675 Posts
Tough call. My basics came with the recommended drop all the way around. I totally understand the arguement of balancing under load (after all, that's what Honda does from the factory with the Type R's), but at the same time, who am I to question Tein? :)

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

·
Registered
6,273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok, I set them exactly the same on the rears and fronts, with the rears a hair lower than the fronts, I'm going to try it like this for a bit and then put the fronts lower than the rears in a week or two, I'm going to put my front sway bar back on too just to try it out, haven't felt it with this suspension yet.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
mine are actualy set about .5 inches higher in the back, cant really tell when looking at it, but be sure to have the L/R front set the same and the L/R Rear set the same aswell or your car will pull in one direction or the other

1 - 6 of 6 Posts