Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a code "43" today and all the service manual says is "Fuel supply system".
Any idea where to start?
Car drives ok it seems. It came on after I turned the a/c on and it, (the a/c) works ok as well. I turned it off at a stoplight so it, (the engine) wouldn't get hot.
It threw the code on the way home and I only drove a few miles if that after the check engine light came on. Half tank of fuel. No missing .
Started ok after I got home and read the code.
Maybe just clear the code and see if it comes on again?

Cheers
nigel

·
Premium Member
16,865 Posts
From your last thread on codes:

Code 43: "Fuel supply system"

This one is often caused by a bad O2 sensor giving the ECU strange readings. If you unplug the O2 sensor the ECU should default to a base map, and the problem should disappear. If it's still happening then the problem may be something else.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Code

Thanks,
I cleared the code and i'll see what happens on the way to work tomorrow.
If it flashes the code again, i'll give the O2 disconnect a try and go from there.
I have replaced all the injector o-rings a year ago and no fuel smell so hoping it's the O2 sensor.
The O2 sensor was new three years/45,000 mi ago so it could have failed and needs a new one.
I did install a set of OBX, ceramic coated headers 10 months ago so maybe I should do an O2 swap but the new headers shouldn't contribute to
it's failure.

Cheers
nigel

·
Premium Member
9,128 Posts
Hopefully the code won't come back for you. Mine threw a code 43 on Monday. Brand new NGK o2 sensor. I reset the ecu and we'll see if it comes back. So far so good afer 300 miles but if the o2 sensor is messed up I would rather find out now so I can return it.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Thanks Luz,
Update;
As before, cleared the code and it didn't return today after 50 mi.
Found an NGK O2 sensor at Amazon , new, for $28 so I ordered one just to be sure.
More later.

Cheers
nigel

1 - 5 of 5 Posts