Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 20 of 88 Posts

·
REST IN PEACE
16,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i'm rolling to work, at about 80.
gotta move fast, got 14 minutes, and it's a 15 minute drive... (i made it early, go figure)

so i'm moving from the far right across to the far left, one lane at a time, and i pass a silver cobalt ss.
i like em. i like the way they look. i even like the design of that spoiler. i especially like the black chrome wheels.

i pass him, and just keep going, minding my business.
he moves over to the right, and tries to pass me. huge curve, and it's starting to rain.
what do i do? ;)
i drop into 4th, put my foot all the way in, and show him tails. we're moving at about 110, and he's past me b/c of traffic, when i slowed down.
so i stayed ALL OVER his ass.
got in the fast lane (it's 2 lanes now) and up to the top of 4th, 100-110ish?
and slide in front of him, like 2 feet from his car.
and i just took off from there and he couldn't keep up.

beautiful.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
nice. luckily it wasnt supercharged, or was it. prolly wouldnt have mattered cause supercharged is a whoppin 205hp

·
REST IN PEACE
16,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
they are really nice lookin cars. ive sat in one before but didnt get to drive it. they are really comfortable

·
Registered
6,040 Posts
Are you at stock weight?

Pulling a supercharged one would be something. They're officially rated at 205hp, but they tend to dyno more than that to the wheels...so they're not slow by any means.

·
REST IN PEACE
16,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
stock weight?
not at all.
consider how much crap was removed from under the hood...
as well as lighter parts internally...

and no interior...

so i'd have to say that under the hood i've shaved about 100lbs...
power steering, cruise, a/c (EVERYTHING for it), all of the stock intake plumbing, etc...

lighter seats than stock. no interior.

all the interior stuff weighs in at about 40-60lbs when you consider all the stuff that's out...

the tail light conversion is actually lighter as well...
the amount of steel with the 2 lights weighs less than the stock setup...

bigger wheels, brakes, and the oil cooler are the only real weight additions...

so if stock is around 2700, i'm at least in the 2600 range...

which is pretty light...

205 crank, yeah... and even if they dyno'd more, i think i'd still have him...

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
848 Posts
It was the NA one im pretty sure, the SC one's are direct comp for an SRT-4 pretty much. OUt of the 'lude's leage, low 14's.

·
Idiotic Thread Locker!
11,000 Posts
so you almost clipped his bumper and were surprised that he backed off?

Cobalt driver: "what the hell is this asshole trying to prove...no I'm not an SS and it's raining, no I'm not going to race you"

:lol:

·
Registered
189 Posts
N/Apower said:
It was the NA one im pretty sure, the SC one's are direct comp for an SRT-4 pretty much. OUt of the 'lude's leage, low 14's.
The SS is mid 14's according to car and driver (Sept '05). So unless car and driver employ's crap driver to test cars, I'd say the stories believable.

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
Blue01 said:
Are you at stock weight?

Pulling a supercharged one would be something. They're officially rated at 205hp, but they tend to dyno more than that to the wheels...so they're not slow by any means.
Chevrolet tends to under-rate their cars. happened all the time w/ the newer camaros. 2000 ss rated at 320Hp but most put out 330 at the wheels

·
Registered
6,040 Posts
1988prelude2.0si013 said:
Chevrolet tends to under-rate their cars. happened all the time w/ the newer camaros. 2000 ss rated at 320Hp but most put out 330 at the wheels
Well, 330whp out of a stock LS1 would be on the optimistic side, although I'm sure some factory freak pulled it off.

But on the subject of blown Cobalts, this was posted not too long ago.

http://www.modernperformance.com/gm/cobalt_dyno_session1.jpg

·
Registered
840 Posts
Nice job fly...lol musta felt real good when u got to work...early and on top of it roasting a ss. :grin:

edit: btw you guys are killin me with your max speed shit..100-110 in fourth? what kind of transmission you got on it.. did you rework the gears? shit man ...my d2a4 is a bitch at top speeds...i cant pass 120no matter what...im at ~6200rpm...and i know its gonna give up on me if i go any farther then redline..

·
REST IN PEACE
16,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
you guys crack me up.

a. i'm NOT stock.
b. if he's got the 205 crank hp car? i'm most likely making the same or close power.
c. i weigh less.
d. it was drizzling, and by the time we were on the 2 lane? it wasn't raining.
it sprinkled for a minute.

at any rate.

being flat out in front of someone who can't pull on you? really sounds like i beat him.

i don't care what he runs.

out of the lude's league? maybe out of the STOCK lude's league.

they beat mostly stock 5th gens.

i EAT mostly stock 5th gens.

;)

either way, i outran him, and if it was the 170hp one? they underrated that too.

·
Registered
6,040 Posts
flylwsi said:
b. if he's got the 205 crank hp car? i'm most likely making the same or close power.
Well, closer to 230 or 240 at the crank, I'd guess, given from where they dyno.
They also weigh 300lbs more than a stock 3rd gen.

bluedlude said:
how do you eat stock 5th gens if you "think" you have 200 to the crank? so do 5th gens..
3rd gens (even in stock trim) are a decent bit lighter than 4/5th gens. So a theoretical 200hp 3rd gen vs a 5th gen would go to the 3rd gen.

What do you have done fly, to get 200bhp/160-170whp out of a 3rd gen btw?

·
Registered
2,761 Posts
bluedlude said:
how do you eat stock 5th gens if you "think" you have 200 to the crank? so do 5th gens..
pickin fights when you know so little....how brave.

Untill you go back to school and retake basic automotive, engineering, and physics classes....dont post...

1 - 20 of 88 Posts