Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1989 honda prelude S
the clutch like doesn't pump anymore, It used to be every few months it would be down to the floor and i would pump it a few times and it go back to its normal self, also sometimes the break fluid would be low and i'd have to add more so my guess i may have a leak somewhere but the fluid has been full just the clutch wont go back up no more no matter how many times its pumped it just stays down sometimes it works but for a few min and i have to keep pumping endlessly and ofcourse thats not fun while driving lol anyways if anyone knows why and what i need to replace that would be greatly apreatiated i'm still a noob to all of this and i'm learning :D!

·
Premium Member
4,656 Posts
bleed the clutch slave and make sure the clutch master doesn't run out of brake fluid in the process. once you have removed all of the air from the system, check for signs of a leak.

·
Registered
464 Posts
I'm betting theres a leak somewhere in your system, thats why you had to occasionally pump it. Now the leak is full blown so you cannot get any pressure in the system. I would fix the leak or the component thats leaking and then bleed the system

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
well i have checked for a leak, not thouroughly, but i'll go check it out tomorow and see where its at, and i'll go from there. Thank you for the advise ^^ i'll keep checking in and let ya'll know what i find.

·
Premium Member
4,656 Posts
common spots for leaks are at fittings, and the flexible hose between reservoir and master, and at the slave. sometimes the master leaks into the car too. i personally have never seen the hard line let go, but the system is small enough, you should find the leak quickly.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
common spots for leaks are at fittings, and the flexible hose between reservoir and master, and at the slave. sometimes the master leaks into the car too. i personally have never seen the hard line let go, but the system is small enough, you should find the leak quickly.
X2, no puddles or drips under the car anywhere? You could always get some engine bright and clean it up and then look for leaks after that, may make it easier with a clean engine to work with. Good luck though, chasing leaks sucks.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts