Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finished my b20a swap.. rebuilt tranny and LSD clutch kit. The motor runs fine. however the clutch will not disengage. I cannot shift while the car is running???? help?

I can however shift while the car is off.

·
Premium Member
9,140 Posts
Make sure that your clutch reservoir is full, then bleed the clutch line.

·
Premium Member
9,140 Posts
If that's the case, then it's possible that you didn't assemble the clutch correctly when you put everything back together.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Did you align it properly? the the pp bolted up tight all the way to the fly wheel??

·
Premium Member
9,140 Posts
I'm thinking maybe he didn't assemble the fork and throwout bearing right.

·
Premium Member
748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm thinking maybe he didn't assemble the fork and throwout bearing right.
the fork seems right, and the bearing that rests on it is clipped in the way it was when i took it out.. is the bearing supposed to be facing the flywheel or the tranny??

·
Banned
13,157 Posts
bearing faces the clutch/flywheel, not the tranny.

did you install the clutch disc correctly? the flatter side faces the flywheel, the side where the center sticks out further faces the tranny.

·
Banned
13,157 Posts
ok thanks man. and yeah i got the parts.. i may have to take the clutch back off. i think the flat side is facing the pp and not the flywheel.
if that is the case, then that is definitely the problem. which also means if that is the case, dont touch the clutch pedal anymore at all, and definitely dont start the car and try shifting it into gear, it'll destroy the clutch really quickly

·
Registered
3,097 Posts
When putting the tranny back in make sure the bearing doesn't move around slot because that happened to me and when I pushed the clutch in for the first time it snapped the ear off and it wouldn't disengage the clutch but check how u put in like they said cause it
Could be both you never know.
Posted via Mobile

·
Registered
561 Posts
Yes, its not that hard to drop the tranny off with motor in.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts