Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I got my gasket problem fixed and my o2 sensor IS burnt out, but it's not really hurting anything and I'll get it fixed later. However, now that I'm running good and everything, my clutch is slipping, not a whole lot, but enough to know its doing it and enough to know I need something better. So, which clutch would y'all (yes, I said y'all :flipa: ) advise me to get? I've heard all good about ACT, Exedy, and Clutchmasters, but I was hoping to get some input from people who have them and see what they thought. I need a clutch thats gonna last and have a decent engage, since it a daily driver. Also, where's the cheapest prices? Thanks in advance.

-Jaret

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, my brother had an ACT 2600, which held awesome but the engaging was kinda harsh, but with the power he was putting down he had no choice. Thanks for the opinion.

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Ive heard good about centerforce.....and i was thinking about getting one in the middle of doing my h22 swap

·
The Good Stuff
3,587 Posts
I hear ACT is average to below average. I hear nothing but good stuff about Clutchmasters. Ive never had either though.

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the advice but I wont be needing it... I just rear ended my assistant principal and guess what... I only have liability. I'll get up some pics and the good side of the news later tonight. I do know that I will be buying an engineless Prelude with a decent body to put my engine in and swap over all my other good parts into. The car is totalled, you'll see why when I post pics.

·
Sleeper Needs Boost!
2,685 Posts
bro I have an act clutch and from my experience and from what my older brother told me, they don't hold up too well if your an aggressive driver like myself. they go out really easily. Put it like this............ I kneed a new clutch!

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well, well, well... I was searching for some clutch info and found this. And well, I've got another Lude now and I need a new clutch before I drop in my engine/tranny so I won't have to bother with it more than I have to... So, what do you guys tihnk aobut these clutches?

F1 Racing Stage 3 - I have heard mixed emotions on these and was wondering if anyone had any experience with them... Also, what company makes them?

Exedy OEM Replacement - i have heard only good of Exedy and love the way they engage and grip, but would an OEM clutch hold my power well enough?

Any other suggestions are welcome, but please provide a link if possible, and I'm only working with about $260 so it needs to stay in that price range. I know thats cheap for a clutch, but it's all I've got to work with for now and I have to get a clutch now.

Thanks,
-JL

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
How much do those run? The pressure plate looks identical to an Exedy and it shows a 6 puck for the Honda high performance. lol

I drove a CRX with a B16A (JDM - Pretty built up too - One hell of a torque monster) with a Stage 2 6-puck Exedy and loved the feel of it, but I can't find a Stage 2 Exedy for cheap enough to fit my wallet.

Do you guys think the Exedy OE Replacement will hold my clamp load ok?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts