Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
does a clutch grab better when its warm or cold?.....i have noticed when its 20* or below outside when my car starts out its shakes like crazy sometimes. its almost like i got to slip the clutch to get it not to shake. after the car gets drove for a while it doesnt want to shake when it starts off. i always let the car get to operating temperature before i move it so i know its not because of that. i know my motor mounts are fatigued but not as bad as most i have seen......this is more curiosity that a big problem.

p.s.- i got a stage 2 F1 racing clutch....and i have to take the engine to 2000rpms to get it to engage smoothly. is that normal?

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
mine does the same thing when its cold out...I think it is jus the tranny has to warm up inside the bellhousing....its like the clutch chatters but I know what ya mean mine does it so I think it is normal. I have a stage 2 clutch also

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea i only got like 770 miles on the clutch since i put it in....i noticed it got better when the temp outside went from 20* to 60*(gotta love ohio)!! i was starting to think i burnt the clutch already...i dont know why but i couldnt drive stick worth shit when i got her running again, but after like 3 yrs or driving an auto what do ya expect. i would imagin since the engine is going to warm it up eventually it is designed to work with the heat(not burning hot though).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts