Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a manual 98 prelude that I'm replaced the clutch master and slave cylinder on. I'm pretty sure I got them both installed properly but the clutch pedal still drops straight to the floor and the slave cylinder wont disengage the clutch. I can push the rod back to were its supposed to be but when I let go it extends right back. I'm not sure if I still have air in the system or if it's another issue.

·
Super Moderator
6,381 Posts
I've found that bleeding the system by hand before installing makes it easier - then again I use a braided line that allows me to do so without the master being installed.

Otherwise, grab a friend and pump away if you do not have any form of vacuum bleeder at your disposal.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Check all your fittings rings for leaks. Pickup a hand pump vacuum. They sell them at the auto parts store for like $40. Make bleeding jobs so much easier and works well for finding manifold leaks.

Attach it to the bleeder screw and open the screw. Pump the vacuum and keep an eye on the reservoir. Keep the reservoir topped off and tighten the screw after you’ve pumped a few ounces/a full bottle through it!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts