Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, im new here and saddly the first post i have is a bad one. I just got my self a 2000 lude SH and i love it, but the first day driving i found out it wasnt as good as a buy as i had thought. I stalled out my new baby and upon starting her back up it wont go in to gear..my friend told me (these are not his exact words) that a clutch linkage something or other had broken and more than likly cracked my pressure plate and shot my clutch. He went more in depth with it when i talked to him but i cant rememeber it all..basically what im askin is what do you guys think the problem could be, and if i went with all factory parts again would it last me? i like to race around abit and have fun, so i wasnt sure if i should go with a stage one set up or not. thanks guys and sorry for the long post haha.

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
Your friend based all that on what? He sounds like an idiot.

Firstly, does the car go into gear with the engine off?

Is there any fluid in your master cylinder reservoir?

Any strange leaks where the pedals are or anywhere in the engine bay?

·
Registered
7,106 Posts
Who? What? When? Where? And why?

Does you friend really know what he's talkin about?

Start the car, push the clutch in, put it in first, try each gear.

If it doesnt go in, try pumping the the clutch then pushing it in gear?

If that doesnt work then it could be a couple things. Your pressure plate is worn, you release bearing is shot, or you have quite a bit of air in the line.

Try bleeding the clutch, see if that helps.

Theres some other things you can do such as leave the car off, put it in gear start the car, drive see if its hard to get into other gears.

If it wont go in ANY of the gears well then you sir need a new clutch. This happened to me before. Theres 4 springs in the disc, well 2 of them had popped out which wasnt allowing it to go into gear.

If you like racing, i'd get a ACT sprung 6 puck, perfect for needs and room for gains. Its not to harsh, and grips pretty damn good. If you do get a clutch make sure to either resurface the flywheel or get a lightened one.

Hope that helps you out some.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
he has a prelude hes built from the ground up and personally looked in at my car the night it broke..he had spesific names for everything i just cant remember them all. yes it will go in to gear wile off and i didnt check and fluids. but nah theres not leaking around my pedals..

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
he has a prelude hes built from the ground up and personally looked in at my car the night it broke..he had spesific names for everything i just cant remember them all. yes it will go in to gear wile off and i didnt check and fluids. but nah theres not leaking around my pedals..
Chances are its just the master and or slave cylinder.

·
Registered
7,106 Posts
Yes if you take it to a shop the will rip you a new one with labor cuz they get under the car and say, "HOLY shit what's that", most shops don't even know wtf it is. I've taken it out, its really not that difficult. Adds probably another 30 mins to the job if that. Have you tried to drive it again? Do you hear any noises when you push in the clutch? Need more info.Posted via Mobile

·
Idiotic Thread Locker!
11,000 Posts
locate the slave cylinder on the front of the transmission. Have a helper press the clutch pedal to the floor and release a few times while you watch the slave cylinder piston move. If it's not moving the required travel (I believe it's close to 1") then you have a problem with your hydraulics. If it's moving like it should be it still won't go into gear when the car is running then it does sound like the clutch will have to come out.

- JL

1 - 8 of 8 Posts