Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a 95 SI, and today after starting the car I noticed when I put my foot on the clutch there was no pressure or resistance. The engine still runs but with the clutch pushed all the way down, I couldn't shift at all, it will grind.

So I am wondering what could be the problem? I really hope it's not something that's going to be that expensive to fix? I am planning to bring it in the shop tomorrow, but I just want see what I can expect.

BTW the clutch has never been replaced before and it is at 106 miles

·
Registered
175 Posts
Check your clutch master reservoir for fluid sounds like either a leak or the clutch master or slave cylinder died on you. If replacing one it is wise to replace both since they are both some of the cheapest parts to replace.

·
IBALLHARD
1,461 Posts
Check your clutch master reservoir for fluid sounds like either a leak or the clutch master or slave cylinder died on you. If replacing one it is wise to replace both since they are both some of the cheapest parts to replace.
x2 if you find out that is it.. replace both of them if one is leaking, and the other isnt.
its just a matter of time the other one will go out too.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the quick reply! I just checked the fluid and topped it off. Still the same problem. Do I have to let the car warm up for a while to feel the difference?

Also the car is like that when the engine is off too.

·
Registered
175 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Relieved

While I typing to the response I left engine on to warm up for around 10 minutes, and the clutch seems to work now. In terms of "flooring the clutch" there is now a bit more "resistance", and I am able to shift into gears.

I think I have a leak, so I guess I will still have bring it in the shop anyways.

·
I Miss My BB2 :'(
3,589 Posts
dude they will charge you out the ass to do sumthin that takes maybe 10 mins. i know you dont know anything about cars but you dont have a friend who can replace the slave and master cylinders? i just dont want you to have to spend a shit load of money.

·
Registered
37 Posts
If you added fluid and it works better. That could just mean that you have a leak and topping it off helped. A leak is causing air to get into the system. Giving you no resistance. Look under the dash. Is there fluid coming out of the master cylinder just behind the pedal. Or the slave cylinder. Thats to the left of the manifold. If so, replacing both and flushing the system of air will fix it. The dealer will not charge too much. The slave and master are only about 100 each. Neather are difficult to replace. the dealer may charge about 3 hours labor for the both parts. But as easy as the work is, taking it to a small shop may not be a bad idea. Nice color. Havn't seen a yellow one. Mines blue. My friends say it's purple.

·
I Miss My BB2 :'(
3,589 Posts
If you added fluid and it works better. That could just mean that you have a leak and topping it off helped. A leak is causing air to get into the system. Giving you no resistance. Look under the dash. Is there fluid coming out of the master cylinder just behind the pedal. Or the slave cylinder. Thats to the left of the manifold. If so, replacing both and flushing the system of air will fix it. The dealer will not charge too much. The slave and master are only about 100 each. Neather are difficult to replace. the dealer may charge about 3 hours labor for the both parts. But as easy as the work is, taking it to a small shop may not be a bad idea. Nice color. Havn't seen a yellow one. Mines blue. My friends say it's purple.
your friends are color retarded because your car is def blue.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts