Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
well its mostly just me venting...

my gf was stranded at the mall cuz it didnt want to get into gear. we towed it home. after my rebuild i put a shitty clutch because my gf is just learning how to drive her car and decided ill just change it out when she can drive better. i figure the throw out bearing was making noise anyways so i might as well change it. i pull everything out and get the old one off and get a dual friction centerforce. my pedal was the hardest honda pedal ive ever felt and wanted something softer. got new throw out and pilot bearings. confident i didnt put the friction disc on backwards. get everything back together get in my car and what????? same problem not getting into gear.

changed the master because its leaking a little, didnt change the slave because its bone dry and i can see it actuating the fork. bled the crap out of it. ive tried adjusting the pedal... i even got rid of the freeplay an it still wont disengage the clutch... damn this i feel so defeated. cant even sleep good because im sooo stressed out.

maybe its the clutch pedal adjustment, maybe its the slave that looks perfectly fine, or i messed up the clutch install which would suck... or gotta bleed some more. i dunno any ideas?

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
i guess my biggest question is should i just change the slave? how do i know if its bad? there is no leaking anywhere, never loss a drop of dot 4. i can even see its moving. i dont think its my clutch job because it was doing it before i changed it.. gotta be something else.

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
So it actuates the fork right? It should be moving about ~1" with the pedal fully pressed down. Does it go into gear with the car off? Also you mentioned that you changed the clutch and the pilot/TO bearing... but nothing about a clutch cover/pressure plate, I hope you changed it too.

Try adjusting it so that the rod on the master cylinder is connected to the clutch pedal by a few threads. Do this for trial ONLY, otherwise it would lead to a slipping clutch during normal use... I have to ask, is this car a 5 speed swap?

In my experience air would cause the pedal to be squishy, not hard. Are you sure you got the right master cylinder?

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
its a stock 5 speed... already tried making the rod as long as i could to see if it would even disengage the clutch.... didnt work

rebuilt the motor and worked great for about a good 3 months.

yups matched the master and slave and theyre the right parts.... change pressure plate and disk with dual fiction centerforce.

let the engine idle in neutral for a couple minutes today just to recharge my battery and it started making that stupid noise again.... step on the clutch pedal and it goes away.... changed the clutch because i thought it was the damn throw out bearing but i guess it wasnt just that.

going to just pull the trans back out and rebuild that i guess. im thinking the damn input shaft bearing is bad. will get my 3rd gear synchro changed out while i have the damn thing seperated. im thinking gotta be something wrong with this tranny.

haha or i might of put the disc on backwards like a noob!!!!!

3k+ and counting in one year for maintainance and rebuilding......

1 - 5 of 5 Posts