Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i recently adjusted my clutch pedal becasue it was sticking for some reason right before the free play of the pedal starts so i adjusted it a bit some people say you shouldnt adjust the clutch what are the harms in it?

·
Premium Member
16,906 Posts

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
team123luder said:
I don't think you can adjust the clutch in our cars since we have a hydro setup. You could however adjust pedal play and I doubt the'll be any harm in that.....

You set the position of the pedal to your driving taste... there really isn't a standard position of the pedal. I don't think I've been in two cars with the same pedal position....
this is good- i have way too much play in my pedal!
i need to make it less to get the most out of my short shifter!

·
Registered
750 Posts
you cant adjust the pedal hight (im 90% sure of this) you can set the pedal free play for sure though. The free play is the jiggling that the pedal has before the master starts to push fluid to the slave and actuating the throw out bearing against the pressure plate. if you were to set the pedal lower to the floor of the car then the clutch would be partialy disengaged and the tranny would slip like an SOB. so the pedal play is adjustable not the pedal hight.

·
Registered
818 Posts
playboyesq said:
you cant adjust the pedal hight (im 90% sure of this) you can set the pedal free play for sure though. The free play is the jiggling that the pedal has before the master starts to push fluid to the slave and actuating the throw out bearing against the pressure plate. if you were to set the pedal lower to the floor of the car then the clutch would be partialy disengaged and the tranny would slip like an SOB. so the pedal play is adjustable not the pedal hight.

Sometimes after i drive my car for awhile, my clutch starts to slip. and i keep adjusting it out more and it still sometimes does it. Do i need to adjust it out more???

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
but i noticed when adjusting the pedal freeplay the clutch sits higher and lower when you adjust the freeplay becasue you can tell becasue of the brake just put your foot accross them and you can tell if the clutch gets higher or lower to the floor

·
Registered
10,750 Posts
The pedal height changes simply as a by-product of adjusting the free play. You are still adjusting the free play.
You MUST have the right amount of freeplay or you will have problems.

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
Pedal height is adjustable at the master cylinder where it connects to the pedal. There's a nut you can loosen. Turn the shaft clockwise to raise the pedal, counterclockwise to lower it. (in conjunction with doing the opposite to the free play adjustment - clockwise to lower the pedal, counterclockwise to raise it). I wouldn't fuck with it, though. Dialing out the free play has a way bigger impact on the feel than adjusting the height.

Leave a little slop in it, though, so you don't start slipping.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
yea i always had a little free play in there like 7-10mm or whatever the manual says. but when you lower the pedal the disengagement height is also lower which i like alot better its so much easier to shift.

·
Registered
750 Posts
88SE Lude said:
The pedal height changes simply as a by-product of adjusting the free play. You are still adjusting the free play.
You MUST have the right amount of freeplay or you will have problems.
your clutch could be on its way out whens the last time youve changed it. do you abuse it as in drive it really hard?

when your adjusting free play do it to manufactures spec and no more or less then they say. extremley small amounts of free play can cause clutch slipping because of what i stated before.

·
Registered
10,750 Posts
playboyesq said:
your clutch could be on its way out whens the last time youve changed it. do you abuse it as in drive it really hard?

when your adjusting free play do it to manufactures spec and no more or less then they say. extremley small amounts of free play can cause clutch slipping because of what i stated before.
I can only assume you quoted me by mistake.

·
Registered
10,750 Posts
Well don't.
you said something different to what I had said, that is mis-reading not restating.

·
Rep me if you hate my ass
4,349 Posts
You said it.

--J

·
Registered
10,750 Posts
He certainly is ... did.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts