Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
840 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
after spending all day changing my clutch /flywheel (FINALLY) i still have some electrical crap to put back so i havent ran the car yet . but i just realized i left out one of the things that the clutch kit came with , ...some small ass bearing..like 1.5inch diameter. in a kit you normally get the pressure plate ..the clutch , the holding tool to keep the clutch centered whyle you bolt it down and the release bearing the big main one...that attaches onto the fork...
but WTF is with the small one..i couldnt find wut its used for...

some visual aid...damn noone knows??

·
Registered
18 Posts
I think that is the throwout (or maybe pushout) bearing and it goes inside the tranny itself. Have a look and you should see it in there.

Its been a while since I've done a clutch but I think that is it.

·
Registered
840 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
umm you dont open up the trasmission itself when you just change your clutch/fly, at least i dont...i just take it off clean it up and put it back in with the new fly/main seal/clutch/pressure plate and the main bigoll throwout bearing or w/e that attaches to the fork. the little one has NO place anywhere .........i sat around and tryed to figure out but there is absolutely no place for it

·
Registered
92 Posts
which kit did you buy and from where? it should tell you what bearing it is. because the release (throw out) bearing is the same one, the one with the collar, it is used to reduce friction between the pressure plate levers and the release fork. the little bearing that you are showing might be the pilot bearing. that one goes behing your drive plate(flywheel).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts