Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was driving last night and I stooped at a red light nothing unusually but when I try'd to shift and I couldn't I though it my car was in neutral but when I let off the clutch pedal it stalled. I got her home and my clutch rez was bone dry. Is it time to replace my clutch resivor? Or something else?

·
Registered
488 Posts
refill your clutch resevoir (make sure you properly bleed the clutch lines of air) and see where your leaking fluid from.
Most likely your Master or Slave clutch cylinder

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well i started the car up after i topped it off and I thought I had it in neutral as I let off the clutch it stalled out! I still can't get into any gears other then 2nd and reverse and I can't move in reverse?

So i have a leak and something else is wrong is it the throw out bearing?

·
blubyu
390 Posts
does the clutch pedal have pressure aka does the pedal come back at you. Also check the clutch line between the distribution block and the slave cylinder on the left side it's know to leak.

·
Premium Member
9,140 Posts
I'm not quite sure how to bleed it? It manual time for me.
There are several threads discussing how to bleed the clutch.

well i started the car up after i topped it off and I thought I had it in neutral as I let off the clutch it stalled out! I still can't get into any gears other then 2nd and reverse and I can't move in reverse?

So i have a leak and something else is wrong is it the throw out bearing?
You topped it off but did you bleed the system? It won't work if there's air in there.

It sounds like you may have other problems, but you should make sure that everything external is correct before diving inside.

·
Registered
9,584 Posts
If there is air in the line, the fluid will compress the air before pressurizing/moving the clutch fork. It's like you don't have the clutch in all the way even though the pedal is to the floor. Sometimes they make a squeaky noise when pushed.

You can bleed the clutch line with help from another person. There is a tool you can buy that will do this too. Make sure you keep the fluid level topped every time you re-tighten the bleeder screw.

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
nothing is wrong with your clutch... or your tany... you just have air in the system like everyone has been telling you.

you can actually just keep pumping your cluct pedal forever like i like to do even though i have a vacuum bleeder, im just lazy...

but if you just sit in your lude with a full clutch fluid reservoir and just pump your clutch like 50times then usually the air bubbles get pushed up into the fluid reservoir, then its done.

and dont say this doesnt work cause it does just fine. just takes FOREVER!

wont work if you have any major leaks in your system however... requires a vacuum suckion made by your hydralic clutch system.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
nothing is wrong with your clutch... or your tany... you just have air in the system like everyone has been telling you.

you can actually just keep pumping your cluct pedal forever like i like to do even though i have a vacuum bleeder, im just lazy...

but if you just sit in your lude with a full clutch fluid reservoir and just pump your clutch like 50times then usually the air bubbles get pushed up into the fluid reservoir, then its done.

and dont say this doesnt work cause it does just fine. just takes FOREVER!

wont work if you have any major leaks in your system however... requires a vacuum suckion made by your hydralic clutch system.
I'll try that if that don't work then I'll get one of my friends to help me bleed this line(s) thanks for the feed back everyone. I'll let ya know how it works out here soon.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well I think I got all the air out of the lines, I can shift now:D But.... even thought my sifter is in neutral my car is still in gear somehow and I can not get it into reverse.

So is it the entire clutch or my throw out bearing?

·
Premium Member
4,656 Posts
if it is either one, you would replace both while the trans is out. if you are in neutral in the car, and the trans is in gear, i would check that both of the shift cables are operational as it sounds like one is off or broken.

·
Registered
196 Posts
I had a similar problem with my clutch not too long back, topped off the fluid and I can shift again. I need to regrease my shifter because its not as smooth, but I still have a bit of trouble shifting when it is really cold out from time to time. If the car is warmed up do you still have the issue, and have you checked those shift cables yet?

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I drooped her off at the local tuner I'm to sick and its to cold, so I'm gonna be lazy and have him replace my clutch and check the rest out. Spending money FTW!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts