Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a b20a5 and a 5 speed d2j5 Trans. I bought this motor from a guy so i have no idea wat year prelude it came out of.

I am wanting to know the available aftermarket clutches that are available for this setup. Which ones will bolt on for my transmission?

I search Ebay and the clutches on there show nothing to witch transmission they work for??

My Second Question is. is there a possible way to shave the flywheel or lighten it. and do they make aftermarket lightweight flywheels?

·
Premium Member
769 Posts
my question to you is do you have a stock car? if so why exactly do you want an aftermarket clutch? as far as flywheel you can use the stock one if you know someone with a big enough lathe.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no i have intake/exhaust/header/cams/cam gears/ported head/and im gonna get a tunable ECU from motoxxxman...

·
Registered
287 Posts
look in the stickies for the integra clutch mod.

flywheels and clutches are cheeper for the teg and more avalible

·
Banned
13,157 Posts
most companies list parts for our cars incorrectly. pretty much any aftermarket part that says its for an 88-89 prelude is what you want for a b20a5. and the d2j5 tranny only came in 88-89, so same for that as well.
anything listed as being for a 90-91 prelude usually is only for b21 and/or d2a4 tranny.

yes you can get the stock flywheel lightened, most automotive machine shops can lighten and balance them. the stock flywheel weight is 22 pounds, and you can get it shaved down to anything between 15-21 pounds safely. dont go lighter than 15 pounds though, anything lighter than that requires too much metal removal and compromises its structural integrity. the weight shaved off is removed from the backside (block side) of the flywheel.

some people swap integra flywheels/clutches into their 3g ludes, but integra flywheels dont have timing marks on them. so you need to pull the motor and attach a degree wheel to the crank pulley side of the crank, with the teg fly installed, and find perfect tdc, and 13/15/17 degrees btdc and mark the fly accordingly

1 - 5 of 5 Posts