Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
So I've got a 2001 prelude and everything was going nice and smooth until the weather started getting a little chillier. I recently started noticing that when I press the brakes hard enough, they'll make a nice clunk sound, then once I let off and start accelerating the car will clunk again as the brakes release pressure. It sounds like its coming from the front end of the car, I've already changed the rotors, pads and one caliper that was stuck but the problem is still going. Now the sketchy part is that I can also feel it on my clutch pedal if I push that in far enough, or if I try to launch the car quickly.
My clutch pedal got stuck to the back of the floor board once as the pedal disconnected from what I think is the master cylinder, after reattaching it it was good, so I assume that could be what was the problem?

If anybody has an idea of what it could possibly be I would greatly appreciate the advice.

·
Administrator
6,621 Posts
You may have a torn bushing or bad motor mount if the issue did not go away after changing the brakes. I would start with inspecting the radius rod bushings, balljoints and lower arm bushings. Then inspect each mount.

The clutch pedal shouldn't come off the master cylinder unless you're missing the pin and retainer holding it in place. If it outright stick to the floor even when connected- hydraulic issue.

Reactions: Hoondre

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You may have a torn bushing or bad motor mount if the issue did not go away after changing the brakes. I would start with inspecting the radius rod bushings, balljoints and lower arm bushings. Then inspect each mount.

The clutch pedal shouldn't come off the master cylinder unless you're missing the pin and retainer holding it in place. If it outright stick to the floor even when connected- hydraulic issue.
I never thought of any of those. I'll be sure to check that out next time I can get access to some tools, thanks!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts