Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anyone else has had this problem, my driver side door clicks loudly at 1/4 open and 3/4 way open. I dont think it is the hinges b/c the door does not move up and down when pressure is applied.

The hinges are $50 CDN each (2 per side) at Honda, but I wanted to make sure it is not the gold arm actuator in the middle of the hinges before I blow a $100 on something that won't fix the problem. Suggestions??

·
Registered
206 Posts
i have the same problem and didnt get any respose good luck and let me know what u find out, i was told it might be the pin in the hinge

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thx paysos, at least someone has the same problem as me, I have an appointment on Tuesday at Honda for some other things, so I'm gonna get them to check it out and see what the problem is. I will keep you posted on the outcome.

·
Registered
285 Posts
i (as well as many other 4th gen luders) have the same unfortunate problem. only with the drivers door. it is, infact, that pic. ive watched it tweak back and forth when you move the door open and closed. as to how to fix it...i havnt tried to figure it out long enough yet. i have better things to fix/mod on my car then a creeky door lol

·
Registered
23 Posts
I know exactly what the problem is. When you open the door all the way look in the door jamb by the hinges, you will see a flat bar kinda gold in color. This is the door stop and it keeps your door from opening to far and hitting your front fender. The end towards the front has a silger pin in it about an inch long , the back of it is bolted to the door with 2 bolts, anyways this is the piece thats worn out/ broke, replace it and no more sound!

·
Registered
149 Posts
same problem... i've done about everything but take the door off to diagnose the problem, and...

still searching. :(

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well got it "FIXED!" I went to honda and got the door jam lock actuator (gold arm piece with pin $40) which was NOT! the problem, so they ordered in 2 new door hinges (color matched by the way) for $50 CDN each.

They replaced they door jam and hinges and the door is closing like its brand new :) So in all it would be $100 CDN for both hinges but I would opt for the gold actuator just in case. And if you want, replace it yourself to avoid labour, I lucked out a bit because they were already doing my power window clips to avoid annoying rattles. So since they were already working on that door so it was .2 hours more.

Hope this helps everyone. Thread and Case closed.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts