Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In the new prelude I got the cigarette lighter doesn't work at all (need for electricity) I'm not sure if the previous owner disconnected it or a fuse is blown, I would like to know where to look before I start taking out the center console!

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
In the new prelude I got the cigarette lighter doesn't work at all (need for electricity) I'm not sure if the previous owner disconnected it or a fuse is blown, I would like to know where to look before I start taking out the center console!
Id start by checking the fuse.. if you do take the center cosole out i believe theres a 3-4 prong white plug that goes into it.

·
Registered
261 Posts
def check the fuse first - in the engine bay fusebox , i believe its the second fuse from the left (should say on cover)

There is a cig lighter relay under the dash too, not 100% sure on location though.

Ive changed my cig lighter in the past bc the cig lighter itself was bad, but never got into the relay

...nice rims btw

·
Registered
173 Posts
You can find a Bic at any gas station. Only $.99...

If that don't work for you, the fuse box is on the driver’s side kick panel.

If that doesn't work out for you. Take the center console loose and get back behind the lighter check the wire that comes from the middle for power. I have found that a lot of time the coil in inside the light it self will burn up. If so you can get one off eBay, junkyard or maybe even a parts store. Hope this helps

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
if your dome light doesnt light up then its the fuse. its the second one up from the lieft.

if the dome light works it its more than likely u unplugged a connector or a ground.

i did a SEARCH FOR YOU. since i guess it must be hard.....should try it there are like 10 thread u can find. there isn't many things it could be so im sure the fix is in one of them.

·
Registered
888 Posts
A lot of them get disconnected during cd deck installs and etc because of how short the wire is running to the cigarette lighter when pulling the panel off.

·
Registered
115 Posts
A lot of them get disconnected during cd deck installs and etc because of how short the wire is running to the cigarette lighter when pulling the panel off.
+1 Mine was also disconnected when the aftermarket cd deck was installed. Just pull out the ash tray out and you can usually see from there.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yes the dome light works

Must not be plugged in, looks like I'll have to take the center console out :(

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I pulled it today but never got the chance to check the cabling :p

But I def saw one of those white connectors with nothing plugged into it

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
I pulled it today but never got the chance to check the cabling :p

But I def saw one of those white connectors with nothing plugged into it
Id say thats your cig lighter... when i bought my car someone ripped my center console out (before i got car) and i had to reconnect all that... my 1st post i mentioned the white connector...

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
yep just check the fuse

lol reaLLY..... I THINK he knows that by now

Doing the cig lighter is really not that hard at all, just get a voltmeter and test the wires at the back of it to make sure urgetting power if you are try reconnecting them and you should be good or liek you said how you dont smoke and you just want the power... just extend the wires up then you can hook it up to anything:)

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
o alomsot forgot there should be one cable that is on the driver side of the console that is ok to be unplugged its meant so you can jump it to read the ecu codes

1 - 19 of 19 Posts