Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
check engine light clicked on today. this is the messed up part...... it comes on after a little driveing and goes away when you shut the car off. that means when i try to check the light its gone. it throws no code. i think it might be a loose wire with the neo because i just put it in a week ago. you guys have any ideas. thanks for the help guys.

·
Registered
175 Posts
codes are stored in the ecu. jump the blue plug with a paper clip or wire. look in the stickies and it'll tell you what the codes mean.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
already tryed it and it doesnt show anything. no check engine light at all untill i drive for awhile again.

·
Back 2 Hackin
4,375 Posts
You have to be doing it wrong. CEL codes are stored in the ECU and only cleared when they are reset.

It sounds like its something simple like a an o2 Code or EGR code

·
Registered
145 Posts
You have to be doing it wrong. CEL codes are stored in the ECU and only cleared when they are reset.

It sounds like its something simple like a an o2 Code or EGR code

that or that f*cking code 41 bs...mine used to do that too, random cel while driving and goes away after shutting the car off, but it was still stored in the computer...i changed out my o2 sensor and it hasnt come on *knock on wood*

how are you checking the cel? cus it def should be stored.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
that or that f*cking code 41 bs...mine used to do that too, random cel while driving and goes away after shutting the car off, but it was still stored in the computer...i changed out my o2 sensor and it hasnt come on *knock on wood*

how are you checking the cel? cus it def should be stored.
i stuck a wire in the plug and turned the ignition to the ec ac. and watched for blinking light. but their was nothing.

·
Back 2 Hackin
4,375 Posts
If your CEL light comes on when your driving, and you go to pull the codes, and there is no lights at all, you have a code zero....

Which is bad ECU

·
Registered
19 Posts
Just finished putting mine back on the road today, done full service and cam belt ,water pump and manual tensioner, run it for a bit to push oil round and check water pump is working, all good, so insure and mot it, off I go, after 4 or 5 miles I thought I'd check it pulls ok in vtec, so a little second gear and third, all good, then a light smell of oil came in the cab, thought about it and put it down to wd40 under bay burning off,as I'd given it a good clean with it. them the check light came light came on, still ran ok, so pulled over, all looked ok, turned engine back on, no light, drove for bit, nothing. So thought ok it's a vtec issue? Gave it some revs just to see and lights back on again????

Any clues
?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Just finished putting mine back on the road today, done full service and cam belt ,water pump and manual tensioner, run it for a bit to push oil round and check water pump is working, all good, so insure and mot it, off I go, after 4 or 5 miles I thought I'd check it pulls ok in vtec, so a little second gear and third, all good, then a light smell of oil came in the cab, thought about it and put it down to wd40 under bay burning off,as I'd given it a good clean with it. them the check light came light came on, still ran ok, so pulled over, all looked ok, turned engine back on, no light, drove for bit, nothing. So thought ok it's a vtec issue? Gave it some revs just to see and lights back on again????

Any clues
?
Knock sensor done, had fallen apart lol £20 ebay

1 - 12 of 12 Posts