Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my check engine light just came on tonight while driving. i have a 98 auto. what could the light mean? i don't feel a difference while driving... no lost in power... still shifts ok. i replaced the o2 sensor last year. i'm gonna get it checked tomrrow to see what code pops up.

·
Registered
56 Posts
its prob cause u fucked wit the 02 sensor but it could be nothin. i know a lot of peeps who have had their check engine light come on for no reason and have been drivin it with it on for a while

·
Registered
38 Posts
Theres a thread here somewhere that I posted on how to check ur engine light urself, its fairly easy, saves u $20 from autozone

·
Registered
638 Posts
yes i had to do this same thing about a week ago..

to check the code you locate the service connector on the under side of the passenger kick panel near the center console, pull that off and it will expose the blue box with the connector in it.. unplug the connector and put a paper clip in each female end, this will short out the connection.. turn the ignition to the on position and the Check engine light will flash. fast flash will be a 1 and the long flash will be a 10.

You might have to let it go through a few times to make sure its only one code. when i manually checked mine i only got one code but autozone read two codes.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
damn didn't get a chance to get the code checked out today and i won't be home till sunday cuz i'm going up to boston. hope its not the cell for the transmission. if it is then 5speed here i come!!!

·
Registered
638 Posts
the transmission codes mine read at autozone were P070 and P0109, but i just had my tranny rebuilt and the codes just needed recleared.

·
Registered
7,189 Posts
wizkidbrz said:
Theres a thread here somewhere that I posted on how to check ur engine light urself, its fairly easy, saves u $20 from autozone
advanced auto charges you nothing at all.. so i would imagine autozone does it for free too? why would they charge for that?

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
while i was driving today my check engine light went off. i got it checked today anyway to see if anything pops up and they said it was a misfiring code. what could i do to fix that. do i just need to change my spark plugs and clean my fuel injectors?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts