Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i read that the most common size charge piping is 2.25 aluminized steel. but ive got a theory. no doubt you have all realised that i got stuck with a shitty xspower t3/t4 with an abnormaly large .84a/r on the turbine side. well i figure that seeing as im only running 5psi to breakin the motor (jdm b20a) i should run a smaller diameter charge pipe because it would take less time to fill the pipe, and seeing as im using an intercooler the boost would be diminished throughout the system

(so should i really set my waste gate at 6psi so the pressure loss would equate to possibly 5 psi at the throttle plate?)

another problem, with the abnormaly large turbine A/R im going to have to runn a 3" down pipe to cut spool time. will smaller diameter charge pipe and a large down pipe help with the spool time.

Im thinking of using 2" pipe (and is aluminized steel the same shit they use for exhaust ...non stainless steel exhaust systems of coarse?)

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
I'm going to add my .02 to every post you have! Haha, seriously the large downpipe and smaller diameter charge piping will help things but I doubt to the extent you are hoping.
Aluminized steel is the same thing used for exhaust and it's actually what I used for my charge piping in size 2.5"
I would just set the wastegate at desired boost level.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts