Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so im just wondering a rough estimation on the length of pipe that was used for your set up. including a FMIC, and what angles do i need to produce and how many.

·
Premium Member
16,791 Posts
playboyesq said:
so im just wondering a rough estimation on the length of pipe that was used for your set up. including a FMIC, and what angles do i need to produce and how many.
Did you read my post on the top of this forum? I covered that. I gave you a link to pictures of what one of the guys did to make the FMIC fit and work on our 3rd Gens.:|

Just go back to the top of the Forced induction forum and clik on the first thread. YOu cant miss it. I cover everything you need to know about Boosting and Tuning. I added alot of links directly to the threads that were discussed and show all pics. Please dont let my hard work got to waste!!!! :wzbigcry:

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i dont see anything on charge piping angles. only on how an intercooler works and what size and materials to use for charge pipng.

·
Premium Member
16,791 Posts
playboyesq said:
i dont see anything on charge piping angles. only on how an intercooler works and what size and materials to use for charge pipng.
Read the whole thing, and you will see there is a link for "And for you guys who want a FMIC(front mount intercooler) this is what your car may have to go thru to make it work, take a look at this link:" with the link write below it.

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ANGLES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! how many more times can i say it.

I dont car about a write up of how to mount your FMIC i wanna know angles like "you need 90 deg and 4 45 deg andgles a couple of 1 foot streight pieces" blah blah.

its a ver well done walkthrough dont get me wrong but it doesnt have the info im looking for.

·
Premium Member
16,791 Posts
OH! Sorry, I misunderstood. I guess I will have to add that to my right up.

I'm gonna need to search on that.

·
Premium Member
2,144 Posts
i got 5 180 degree mandrel bends... and cut and welded.... it worked out perfectly.

i used all the peices... and again, it was perfect.

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
theres some info i could use. and 1funryd thats ok bro, just letting you know that its not in there. it will only make the write up that much better. 20 5 180's? and what do you think the total length of the system is? and how long was the pipe (if you know) that the 180s were. im just trying to get an estimate together and this info would be cool.

·
Premium Member
2,144 Posts
after the bend... there was about 10-12 inches left of straight pipe left.

so it was a U, and the legs were 10-12 inches long.. at first, it didnt seem like it would work out... but it did... perfectly.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
if you're still wondering about this, i used the ebay kit, the 8-pc set and came up with left over parts. didn't take but a couple hours of fitting and cutting, like an easy puzzle. i can't explain it here, but if you can't figure it out after you get the kit you might not need to go turbo (simple stuff). good luck. if you want pics i can snap a couple for you.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts