Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
642 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So what would you guys recomend I do with this chaos under my project car's dash... Now I know the pics wont help for telling whats what except for maybe seeing how theres all the extra crap for whatever alarm was in this thing...

Connector in center of pic connected to the box screwed to one the panals.

This little bundle of fun definately dones't look stock but I have no idea.

This twisted white wire doesn't look like a factory wire but no clue once again...

just a wire with a fuse in the middle that runs up to the fire wall... think runs through firewall to what was the actual alarm at the bumper...

I kinda just wanna disconnect everything and try using online manuals to pull whats not factory... but i'm kinda afraid to do that and mess something up...

·
Registered
786 Posts
unless its broke, i prolly wouldn't mess with it at all. first pic, upper right corner looks like an alarm brain to me though.

·
Premium Member
642 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well id rather take out and put in my own later down the road... this cars been sitting for 3 years prob now and the guy i knew that had it before didn't put it in... so this alarms 4-5 years old if not older... dont know if make any difference for how could it is compared to ones now but ya... and no way to know if broke now and i already took out with horn or whatever for it...

theres also wires that seem to be cut and just hanging also so...

and ya that first pic... the second one is a closer of it

·
Premium Member
642 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have no clue if its broken or not... cars been sitting for 3 years... and gonna be sitting for awhile more due to the fact that i'm pulling the motor and working on restoring the whole car itself the best that I can. So if anything I have time for a nightmare if thats what it comes down to.

Guess I wasn't to the point enough... What do you guys recomend on pulling the stuff out. I do not want to keep this alarm in this car.

·
Premium Member
642 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well ive started to just pull it out... so far its got 2 wires going to the fuse box under dash...

the yellow wire's going to "stereo radio/cassette player, Cigarette lighter"
the white one says "Option (Dash Lights)"

one wire spliced into a black wire thats in the wires running along floor on driver side...

connected to this connector

and the white twisted wires went into the door and spliced into the lock...

so far thats what i got cause right now i'm trying to look up what the black wire is in the harness(running along driver side floor) and found what what fuses its connected to.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts