Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
850 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
okay so my good friend has given me a chance to buy his set of Rota Slipsteams. they're black 16x7's. i'm the first person he asked and he'd be willing to part with them to me for $400. they're only5 months old and in great shape. my question is should i use the Azenis that are on them now or opt for Nitto's?:smilejap: and how well does the Azenis perform compared to the NTo4's or 555r's? they're all street legal racing tires but i want the best one for cornering.

anyone have any input?:Rock:

·
2ludes 1s2000
10,675 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
remember the azenis are inately a heavy tire. wonderfully sticky but alot heavier than the nt555. and do they make a 555 in your size?

·
Registered
850 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
does anyone here have experience with the NT04's?

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Well if the tires are already on there, then I would use them.

Take this how you will: Autocrossers go through Azenis like candy, and they swear by them. There are a few other tires that get alot of use as well: some kuhmos, hankooks, and the advans. But I have never heard anyone say anything good about Nitto tires.

·
Registered
326 Posts
only drawback to azenis is treadwear. they are amazing tires. i used them on my car when i auto-x last year and they were amazing compared to the hankook tires i had 1st race.

·
Registered
5,606 Posts
For 400, snatch them up. They are 450 for rims alone!

I love my azenis. To see how they perform, have a look at my video posts...

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Oh yeah, I did neglect to mention that.

I hate the wear on Azenis. They don't last long. Especially the old ones (the 215's). The new ones are a little better.

·
Registered
978 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
just do it. drive on the azenis till they are bald then replace them with waht u want. azenis are liek 80 a piece and the rims are 450. thats such a good deal

·
Registered
850 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
yeah i think i will keep the Azenis till they are bald. but afterwards i plan on putting the nittos on them. not the 555's but the NT04's.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts