Honda Prelude Forum banner

Center caps

9K views 20 replies 17 participants last post by  llehman1234 
#1 ·
I don't know if this known or not, I did not see it in the interchange sticky.

For those using factory polished aluminum alloy wheels but missing a center cap or two, you can use one for a 2000-2006 insight. One came into the shop the other day, and as I try to test fit every large Honda cap to my car, I did so with this one. It is a direct duplicate. My cap fit the insight, the insight cap fit my prelude. The "H" is even identical. These caps are still available from Honda.

Specifics:
My car-89 SI 4WS with 6 spoke blades part # 42700-SF1-A91 (right) and part # 42710-SF1-A91 (left).
My center cap # 44732-SF1-A90

Insight-2001 auto w/o AC wheel part # 42700-S3Y-E31
Insight cap #: 44732-S3Y-010

For those with the frost white 5 spoke blades found on the 90-91's, you can remove the outer aluminum covering of these caps and paint the plastic white and the "H" black for a factory replica of cap # 44732-SF1-A22. The center "H" is already molded into the plastic under the aluminum.

Hope this helps.

See less See more
#11 ·
Just broke the cap on my '89 4WS hitting a pothole on the highway. I managed to retrieve the cap, but the plastic insert lost too many tabs to stay on. Figured there might be some useful info here - but no way someone found a way to buy NEW ones! I just ordered one off ebay for $15 (that includes shipping!!!) - no words to express my gratitude if this works! Prelude Power comes thru again - really appreciate the board and all the expert info available here - THANKS!!!

#16 ·
2009 +/- Honda Civic Hybrid also have the same center caps as the Prelude. I have a couple from a salvage that I secured about 6 months ago.

Yes it is a good find, and should probably be stickied. I',m not sure of some of the Accord and acura legend caps. They may fit but since I don't have 1st hand experience to answer your question I will refrain from a definitive answer

The caps for the ludes should be pretty plentiful in the wild.

#17 · (Edited)
Well I hadn't heard that before about the civics. I see they have similar wheel. Yeah a chance of me finding a Insight at the junkyard is slim to none. The drawing of the civic center cap shows a circle around the "H" but I don't know if they are all that way. Here is interchange for civic hybrid according to hondapartsnow.com

06-2011 civic hybrid 4dr mx the text isn't complete but I think this includes hf with hcm engine.

2012-2015 civic hybrid 4dr mx or 4dr hf w/ hcm engine.

I don't know anything about these modern civics so I just posted what I read.

As far as the 90-93 accord that are all over ebay and even aftermarket reproduction I have been told onhere they don't fit. They will have a sm4 in the middle of the part number.

#21 ·
LOL.

I just got my hands back on a 3rd gen 13 days ago, so I am coming back here for all the knowledge!

When I had my 3rd gen the first time around (1998-2002), I used to go to the forums (I think they were on hondaprelude.com at that time...) all the time to help diagnose problems and get help.

I've been pouring over the 3rd Gen stickies, the FAQs, the performance thread, and the how-to's. Unfortunately, photobucket has a super dumb restriction now, so almost all of the pictures don't show as they have the watermark and are blurred out :(. Many Tears from me.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.