Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know if this known or not, I did not see it in the interchange sticky.

For those using factory polished aluminum alloy wheels but missing a center cap or two, you can use one for a 2000-2006 insight. One came into the shop the other day, and as I try to test fit every large Honda cap to my car, I did so with this one. It is a direct duplicate. My cap fit the insight, the insight cap fit my prelude. The "H" is even identical. These caps are still available from Honda.

Specifics:
My car-89 SI 4WS with 6 spoke blades part # 42700-SF1-A91 (right) and part # 42710-SF1-A91 (left).
My center cap # 44732-SF1-A90

Insight-2001 auto w/o AC wheel part # 42700-S3Y-E31
Insight cap #: 44732-S3Y-010

For those with the frost white 5 spoke blades found on the 90-91's, you can remove the outer aluminum covering of these caps and paint the plastic white and the "H" black for a factory replica of cap # 44732-SF1-A22. The center "H" is already molded into the plastic under the aluminum.

Hope this helps.

·
Premium Member
9,106 Posts
This should probably make it into the FAQ so it doesn't get lost in oblivion. There are a lot of 3rd gens running around with missing center caps.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Just broke the cap on my '89 4WS hitting a pothole on the highway. I managed to retrieve the cap, but the plastic insert lost too many tabs to stay on. Figured there might be some useful info here - but no way someone found a way to buy NEW ones! I just ordered one off ebay for $15 (that includes shipping!!!) - no words to express my gratitude if this works! Prelude Power comes thru again - really appreciate the board and all the expert info available here - THANKS!!!

·
Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Just broke the cap on my '89 4WS hitting a pothole on the highway. I managed to retrieve the cap, but the plastic insert lost too many tabs to stay on. Figured there might be some useful info here - but no way someone found a way to buy NEW ones! I just ordered one off ebay for $15 (that includes shipping!!!) - no words to express my gratitude if this works! Prelude Power comes thru again - really appreciate the board and all the expert info available here - THANKS!!!
:wink3:

·
Registered
123 Posts
Has anyone purchased the Insight caps, part #44732-S3Y-010 for their 88 or 89 saw blade wheels? I just got a set in and the caps themselves are the same size as the original caps but the tabs are spaced just 1/8 inch further out preventing them from fitting.

·
Registered
51 Posts
2009 +/- Honda Civic Hybrid also have the same center caps as the Prelude. I have a couple from a salvage that I secured about 6 months ago.

Yes it is a good find, and should probably be stickied. I',m not sure of some of the Accord and acura legend caps. They may fit but since I don't have 1st hand experience to answer your question I will refrain from a definitive answer

The caps for the ludes should be pretty plentiful in the wild.

·
Premium Member
4,294,967,295 Posts
Well I hadn't heard that before about the civics. I see they have similar wheel. Yeah a chance of me finding a Insight at the junkyard is slim to none. The drawing of the civic center cap shows a circle around the "H" but I don't know if they are all that way. Here is interchange for civic hybrid according to hondapartsnow.com

06-2011 civic hybrid 4dr mx the text isn't complete but I think this includes hf with hcm engine.

2012-2015 civic hybrid 4dr mx or 4dr hf w/ hcm engine.

I don't know anything about these modern civics so I just posted what I read.

As far as the 90-93 accord that are all over ebay and even aftermarket reproduction I have been told onhere they don't fit. They will have a sm4 in the middle of the part number.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts