Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok this is probably PLASTERED all over the 3rdgen section but the damn search is down. i didnt see it in the faq, most of the online manuals links are down.

i just need to know where the ob1 connector is to so i can jump it and see what codes i have. its usually on the drivers side under the dash on most domestics ive worked on but im having trouble locating this one.

·
Registered
840 Posts
the ecu " i assume ur looking for is on the floor toward the firewall on the passanger side just remove your carpet and ull see it along with the little RED light that whould blink while you have your ignition in the ON position.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
scyclone said:
the ecu " i assume ur looking for is on the floor toward the firewall on the passanger side just remove your carpet and ull see it along with the little RED light that whould blink while you have your ignition in the ON position.
so the connector to decode the check engine light is under the carpet?

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
yes I would like to know too... where is it exactly because everyone just assumes you know where it is.

·
Registered
2,761 Posts
yes its right where 91PreludeJG says its it. just stick something metal in there to get that CEL flashing. But we do have flashing indicator lights on the ECU itself.

·
Banned
13,157 Posts
you dont need to jumper anything in our cars. the ecu has a light on it that blinks out the codes. you CAN jumper it to make the CEL flash the codes, but why bother when all you need to do is...

look on the passenger floor carpet towards the front of the car under the dash. there is a little flap of carpet that you can pull down. pull that flap of carpet down/open. while looking at that spot, put the key in the ignition and turn the ignition on. dont start the car, just turn it to where the dash lights come on (the "on" position) and watch for a little red light to blink once the instant you turn the ignition on. if you dont have any trouble codes, thats all it will do. but if the ecu has any trouble codes stored, it will proceed to blink out the codes. count the number of blinks. thats it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts