Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
i just checked my CEL and its ( p0420 catalyst efficiency below threshold ) i was told this was because of my high flow cat, is there anyway to correct this problem by still retaining my high flow cat? or do i have to use the stock one? thanks alot

tobie

oh and yes ive tryed resetting, it comes back with the same problem =0)

·
bangin' gears
15,675 Posts
BB6LudeSportshift said:
i just checked my CEL and its ( p0420 catalyst efficiency below threshold ) i was told this was because of my high flow cat, is there anyway to correct this problem by still retaining my high flow cat? or do i have to use the stock one? thanks alot

tobie

how old is it? It could be that your o2 sensors are just really dirty and having the car run kinda sluggish.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
i dont think its ever been changed.....

car doesent seem to run sluggish thow

i guess ill try replacing it, should i get OEM or is there a aftermarket one?

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
you could always convert to obd1 which would take car of the o2 sensor in the cat. prob wouldnt be a bad idea seeing that you have some headwork done too.
how do you like those cams? i am thinking about going with the s2 stg2 myself but i still have emissions to think about.

·
RHD Pimpin
10,152 Posts
BB6LudeSportshift said:
i dont think its ever been changed.....

car doesent seem to run sluggish thow

i guess ill try replacing it, should i get OEM or is there a aftermarket one?
go to www.sparkplugs.com and you can get an OE Denso O2 sensor for $40

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
awsome thanks guys, the cams kick ass but i need a dyno tune but i cant get that for awhile till i save up some money

·
HipHopHeadd
1,339 Posts
Probably needs oxy sensors. Look into getting a simulator or wideband air fuel meter :).

I saw a thread somewhere about someone using a a spark plug non-fouler and making it fit on an oxy sensor. Anyone seen this?

·
Premium Member
2,085 Posts
BB6LudeSportshift said:

tobie

that will come up almost everytime you put a aftermarket cat on as the OEM one burns alot cleaner then the high flow one , there are a few things 1 use the fouler trick ,2 use a O2 simulater and last convert to OBD1.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts