Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
851 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So this dude wanted to run my Accord. I didn't want to run at all, but with my buddies kept bugging me, I said sure. So we went go to do some highway pulls.

Mods that I know of his:
-K20a2 w/6spd trans
-RBC IM
-Hybrid Racing Fuel Rail & FPR
-KPro

The teg made 201whp/146wtq tuned and ran 13.5 or so on a quarter mile IIRC.

The K20a2 swap Teg:

My setup:

I made 204whp/157wtq tuned!

Mods:
-'96 JDM H22A Engine w/ T2T4 LSD 5spd Trans
-Skunk2 Pro Series cam gears(+3*E,-1*I)
-Skunk2 Pro Series Stage 2 cams
-Skunk2 Pro Series valve springs + spring base kit
-Skunk2 Retainers
-Skunk2 68mm Throttle Body
-DSM 450cc Blue Top Injectors
-Rosko's Euro R IM
-Rosko's Thermal IM gasket
-Rosko's Thermal 69mm TB gasket
-Rosko's EGR valve block-off plate(EGR Delete)
-Hytech Replica Header
-Ebay 3" Intake Piping
-2.5" Hi-Flow Cat Converter
-NGK Iridium Plugs
-2.5" custom piping exhaust
-Apexi WS2 muffler
-Walbro 190lph fuel pump

Just wait til I'm Mahle 11.5:1 CR equipped. :angry: I know I won't have chance against him anyway due to K-Pro, better gearings, and lighter chasis but it just gives me an idea where I'm at.

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
Having tuned an 03 RSX S myself, and occasionally having the pleasure of stealing it from its owner, I can tell you that these motors are awesome.
I dont know if the guy has a header or not by buy the numbers he's making, it doesn't look like it. The RBC manifold helps with a flatter tq curve, but the RRC manifold is where its really at for these bolt-on K's. My customer's car runs a 65mm catback and race header with an RRC manifold and makes ~228whp and ~165wtq- imagine that type of setup in that DC! lol

·
Vrooom PSHHHH
6,486 Posts
with a 3" exhaust and more modern injectors (stock RDX, FIC, ID, etc.), I bet you could hit 215-220whp. Nice run though!

·
Registered
851 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Thanks guys.

I knew I wouldn't have a chance against any K-Series tuned on K-Pro. Just thought I'd give it a shot to see where I'm at; since, the guy really wanted to run me. After that race with the K20 Teg, words on the street is that I'm on Nitrious. LOLOLOL. Ppl just can't admit that my Accord just did do that all motor.

·
Danny D's second in Command
4,129 Posts
nice run

1 - 12 of 12 Posts