Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm about to have a custom cat back made with a vibrant street performance flat black muffler, but i'm pondering the idea of a 2.5 or 3 inch tubing. Anyone have any input? And also, would I need to get it tuned when I get it installed?? Thanks guys

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
from nashville aye...
im from smyrna..
well i got 2.5 inch piping..
but kids will tell you 3...
i dont see the point unless your dumping money in the motor...
and no you wont need a tune...
for any of the bolt ons..
intake..header..exhaust..

·
IBALLHARD
1,461 Posts
im in nashville too.

i am running a 3 inch custom cat back with 3 inch magnaflow high flow cat..
and just ordered a vibrant flat black muffler LOLZ.

where abouts in nashville?
you wouldnt happen to be in the rivergate area would you? if so i know the guy to go too. he will hook you up.. did a great job on mine.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hell yea! Local Ludes! I'm in La Vergne, I use to have a 98 Accord w/ CF from head to toe! Maybe you saw her (R.I.P.) Well I only have an AEM CAI and a few other things done to her, since shortly after i bought her i blew a fucking head gasket and had oil leaks and had to fix crap everywhere, I'm the 2nd owner, so I thought I found something good, not a money pit. We all should find a spot and meet, I was gonna try to start a meet in smyrna....Holla

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Does the guy you know "your hook up" own that car maintenance and performance?? Craig, the owner? And how much? Thanks man

·
IBALLHARD
1,461 Posts
lol!
i always go to craigs to work on my car..great guy!
has a lot of knowledge when it comes to hondas for sure.. any type of car really.
has worked on my car multiple times.

but NO.
i know the guy who owns rivergate muffler.
tell me what you want done and ill get you a price... exhaust wise..

grant it, its not going to be mandrel bent piping of course... it will be crush bent but the bends he does are pretty good... and there is no shop near here that has a mandrel bending machine.. or whatever.
he likes to have the exhaust "up high" you always see these muffler shops weld up exhausts and they are hanging and dangling real low.. he got my 3 inch say the heck up there and i mean it still hangs a little of course but is very solid and doesnt wobble to much and i have never scraped it...

and if you need any car work/motor work done craig would be a good guy to go too.
pretty good prices too. and does pretty much everything.

·
Premium Member
433 Posts
^^ Exactly, you shouldn't need 3" unless you are planning on boosting in the future, or pouring money into building the motor. And as for tuning, you dont need it, but if you want too get the most out of your bolt ons and what-not, tuning shouldnt be totally out of the question.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
yea, i met craig at the spring Import Alliance meet at the speedway. I was gonna take my car to him initially for the head gasket issue, but he never answered my calls!! So i had to take it to my local guy, and it still leaks or loses oil somehow...i'm bout to send it to unsolved mysteries...haha.
i was gonna go with a 2.5" exhaust...but boost is coming in the near future! I was gonna buy a turbo set up from craig, but all of these stupid repairs killed my mod dreams! but now i'm back in the game baby!! :evil smile:

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
man... i know exactly how you feel. just when there's enough to buy parts, there's always other expenses. hopefully everything works out and you get boost soon haha

·
IBALLHARD
1,461 Posts
yea, i met craig at the spring Import Alliance meet at the speedway. I was gonna take my car to him initially for the head gasket issue, but he never answered my calls!! So i had to take it to my local guy, and it still leaks or loses oil somehow...i'm bout to send it to unsolved mysteries...haha.
i was gonna go with a 2.5" exhaust...but boost is coming in the near future! I was gonna buy a turbo set up from craig, but all of these stupid repairs killed my mod dreams! but now i'm back in the game baby!! :evil smile:
lol i know exactly what kit that is too! if you are talking about the used kit he has there...
its a crazy little kit...
uses a seperate set of injectors of something, and uses its own control unit so your stock ECU never even knows its there. or something like that..

he gets pretty busy at times and will forget to call people back...
it just depends on when you call him and how many cars he has sitting at his house...

alright so 2.5 inch from the cat back?

·
IBALLHARD
1,461 Posts
once its warmer im down. lol.

but i dont know if yal know...(which im sure yall do..)
but every saturday night at burgers and cream in franklin people meet up and eat and just hang out..
its actually pretty fun.. not just preludes.. anyone and everyone.

Burgers-N-Cream
401 Cool Springs Blvd.
Franklin, TN 37067

just a thought...
cuz usually there are only like 2 ludes there including mine...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts