Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 4th gen (1995) Prelude that I want to make carpetless. I don't know if there's an actual name for this style, but I saw a page about this guy and his Honda Civic and I really just love the look so much. 1995 Honda Civic - Project Car - Honda Tuning Magazine

I guess I just wanted to hear some opinions and maybe some suggestions about this style on a prelude. Maybe even some tips on how to do it, even thought it's pretty straight forward what I would need to do.

·
Administrator
6,621 Posts
He removed the carpet and sound deadening, followed by the rest of the interior. Had it all repainted, and reinstalled everything but the carpet.

When you remove your carpet, it's not glossy or cleanly painted. Also not having anything on the floor makes the motor and exhaust notes resonate more within the cabin. Overall it is not something you would want on a daily street driven car as it gets loud and annoying. Typically that is done on a car that is tracked, but even then it doesn't take off much weight to make it worth it, just easier to access wires and mount a cage.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, I'm not too concerned about the noise, it's not going to be my daily driver. I'm gonna be using it for the track, just for my own pleasure. I don't really even care about the weight, I just love the look.

The hardest part will be getting it painted, but I guess you couldn't consider it difficult. And I'm definitely going to be mounting a roll cage just because.

·
Administrator
6,621 Posts
Well, I'm not too concerned about the noise, it's not going to be my daily driver. I'm gonna be using it for the track, just for my own pleasure. I don't really even care about the weight, I just love the look.

The hardest part will be getting it painted, but I guess you couldn't consider it difficult. And I'm definitely going to be mounting a roll cage just because.

Why didn't you just say so in the first place? If your plan is to track the car, gut it and cage it. But do get a proper cage and not one just for the looks.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Why didn't you just say so in the first place? If your plan is to track the car, gut it and cage it. But do get a proper cage and not one just for the looks.
My bad. I just wanted thoughts and opinions on how it looks and stuff. I didn't realize it was important 😅

1 - 5 of 5 Posts