Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So im purchasing another 2nd gen, this ones the duel carb model tho, the old man im buying it from took real good care of it, and was about to send in to the scrappers when a mate drove past and told me he say it, i was there the next day.
Its in faily good condition, better body then mine actually, only he replased the seats with sikma seats, and has taken the tail lights, headlights and plastics off, and pulled the interior apart, so he could keep parts if he ever needed them rather then it all getting scrapped. So its a complete car, even has a nudge bar ahha. (windscreen cracked)
But theres a problem with the engine, he was/is a mechanic and said that one of the carbys floods, but if you disconnect one it runs.
So my question is, any idea why the carby is flooding, i dont even understand how a carby floods haha.
Forgot everything from my tvet course already.

Thanks.

·
Registered
754 Posts
you mean he is saying if you disconnect one of the fuel feed lines to one of the carbs it runs? if thats wat hes saying i wouldnt imagine that it would run good at all, id say rebuild the carbs and get them jetted, thats just a noob opinion when it comes to carbs tho i am no expert with carbs

·
Registered
2,898 Posts
My guess is one of the floats has turned into a sink and is not regulating the fuel supply correctly. Time to pull it apart. Good luck trying to find a rebuild kit though. A bike shop that does Hondas might be able to help.

C|

·
Registered
754 Posts
time for some webers lol

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
time for some webers lol
My thoughts exactly! I'm with cygnus on the rebuild kit...good luck! I found a rebuild kit for mine, but it was without floats. Thankfully, my floats are still good to go!....for now.... ;)

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
fucking hell, that sounds stupidly difficult for such a simple thing. i might just put that spare a20 i have in.. haha. nah should be able to find webbers somewhere.

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
Ebay's your best bet on getting Webers and getting them fairly reasonable...

·
Registered
2,898 Posts
fucking hell, that sounds stupidly difficult for such a simple thing. i might just put that spare a20 i have in.. haha. nah should be able to find webbers somewhere.
With a Weber carb you could replace a float in 20 minutes. With those crazy Keihins it would take 20 minutes just to get through all the vacuum hoses. :crazy:

C|

·
Registered
754 Posts
With a Weber carb you could replace a float in 20 minutes. With those crazy Keihins it would take 20 minutes just to get through all the vacuum hoses. :crazy:

C|

:camper: i hate all those little things, i still need to do the devac mod to get rid of em

1 - 9 of 9 Posts