Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 20 of 256 Posts

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sup guyss. My friend has taken it upon himself to start his own carbon fiber venture. He will be making accessories such as carbon fiber spark plug covers, air bag trays, and whatever else will sell but we just need an input on what the hell to make! So that's why this thread is here, what would you like for us to make out of carbon fiber that hasn't already been made for the Prelude? Air bag trays? Headlight brows? Etc?

Here are a few pics of the progress he's made so far, the product isn't quite perfect yet, but I promise it will get there.

Rolls of carbon fiber, black and red kevlar, and fiber glass.

Close up Carbon Fiber

Close up Kevlar, bullet proof vests anyone? lol

Cut ups

Ghetto fab work station

First Spark Plug cover, not that great, but getting there!

Perfect fit though?

Shitty pic, but you get the idea

DC2 Integra Passenger Airbag Tray

Underbelly

Things look a little "shady" right now because we haven't quite got the technique down, but don't worry, pics of the badass product will be up soon so stay posted!

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
really, there isn't much that would sell that isn't already done.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
well I really want a good cf spark plug cover. I can buy them from other places but they are hella expensive. What would you price them for? I would also be willing to buy other pieces as well if the price is right and the quality is good. Id be interested in things like headlight eyebrows, center console lid, and replacements for the oem fake carbon fiber trim pieces.

·
Registered
691 Posts
well I really want a good cf spark plug cover. I can buy them from other places but they are hella expensive. What would you price them for? I would also be willing to buy other pieces as well if the price is right and the quality is good. Id be interested in things like headlight eyebrows, center console lid, and replacements for the oem fake carbon fiber trim pieces.

Yeah well he pretty much summerized what I was thinking
Posted via Mobile

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
really, there isn't much that would sell that isn't already done.
True, but when everything is said and done, our parts will be a lot cheaper than those made by companies. We understand that there are already a lot of companies that make carbon fiber parts, but the prices of these parts alone tend to scare people away. The whole reason why he has started this project was to make quality parts for cars and offer them to the public for a cheaper price. My friend will stand by his work as well, considering that he originally intended to make these pieces only for himself, you can count that he will be putting all the needed time and effort to make these pieces come out fantastic.

def a nice looking cooling plate
He's actually looking into the design for his DC2, I'll ask him to look into making one for the BB6 as well.

Edit: he just told me, "they're easy to make, I can make them all day long it'll just take time to cure."

·
Registered
488 Posts
real carbon fiber?
make a cooling plate
or some kind of carbon fiber that will cover up the engine like those engine cover seen on bmw and trucks
but cover up everything but leave a spot for struts, the engine :D

·
Registered
3,186 Posts
Carbon fiber roof interior.
Carbon fiber center consol.
Carbon fiber turnk interior.
Carbon fiber fuse box cover.
And the part that goes inbetween the hood and the WIndshield.

·
Registered
581 Posts
CF doors and interior door panels, been lookin everywhere for em.

i think they make CF interior panels for the 4th gen and S but havent seen em for the lude. as for the doors, i dont think anyone has made those for any lude period, id definately buy a set if u made some.

Ace

·
Registered
3,186 Posts
From what website did u get the carbon fiber from? and how much u order? Whats ur process. Show ur work bro. I got tons of parts if thats gonna be it.

·
Registered
4,045 Posts
entire CF exterior FTW!! lol - imagine a prelude that looked like the HKS EVO8 or the CWEST S2k....... uuuugggghhh mangasm

·
RHD Pimpin
10,152 Posts
We need some real CF door handles, center piece for rear seat, CF trunks, hoods, fuse box cover....If prices are good, you should beable to sell a lot of things

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
Hey Shaun, you need to make some CF parts that will actually make the preludepig lighter and some bling doesn't hurt :p.

I am down for:
1) passenger airbag tray (I am looking to get rid of mine)
2) radiator cooling plate
3) spark plug cover
4) door panels

etc.

No shipping and big discount for me right ;).

·
Registered
272 Posts
how much cheaper are these parts going to be? (give some scenarios such as hoods, trunks, etc. and also price of carbon fiber vs. carbon kevlar parts)

and if the price is reasonable, id be the first to sport a mugen replica carbon fiber wing..maybe with a 3rd brake light option..thats my million-dollar idea.

maybe a cf muffler too?

1 - 20 of 256 Posts