Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,397 Posts
dont worry about our opinions, its your choice/money not ours. I like my carbon hood, a lot. Its super light, light enough to lift with my pinky, and the only thing that bothers me is that it could lift up easily but so could a stock hood. i say go for it.

·
Registered
708 Posts
i would only put carbon fiber on my car if it was black, cf with other colors looks nasty. and using it on a black car hides it and gives you more of a sleeper look, cf on black= cf greatness without makin your car look ugly

i say definetly go for it.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
carbon fiber on most any color car looks hot...i say go for an oem if you want to stay as close to stock as possible.. otherwise go with an invader hood....all othe hoods look ghey imo on a 4th gen...but yeah go with cf b/c you will get a little bit better performance from the weight lost compared to stock

·
2ludes 1s2000
10,675 Posts

·
Registered
758 Posts
i just picked upan oem cf hood, it is much nicer looking and plus to fix your stock one it will come out to be the same, (my estimate) so i just went ahead and got an oem cf hood, they look sooo clean, i am personally not into vented, shit rusty and crap.

OEM only anything else pretty much looks ricey, dont destroy the prelude reputation, there is already enough of them kind of people

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Alright.. I will take everything into consideration. I do like the invader hoods though. But we will see. Thanks again!

jdm bb6 said:
i just picked upan oem cf hood, it is much nicer looking and plus to fix your stock one it will come out to be the same, (my estimate) so i just went ahead and got an oem cf hood, they look sooo clean, i am personally not into vented, shit rusty and crap.

OEM only anything else pretty much looks ricey, dont destroy the prelude reputation, there is already enough of them kind of people
So what you're saying is I should just get a normal, everyday carbon fiber hood?

·
Registered
758 Posts
Heatha said:
Alright.. I will take everything into consideration. I do like the invader hoods though. But we will see. Thanks again!

So what you're saying is I should just get a normal, everyday carbon fiber hood?
correct, they are so much nicer:) , and less ricey, plus water gets into the vent/vents of those type of hoods, i dunno about you but id rather my headers dont get rusted over and crappy looking.

·
The Good Stuff
3,587 Posts
I like the first one you posted but I like the OEM one as well. Im thinkin bout getting one for my 4th gen...

·
Registered
458 Posts
vis are totally out of stock on hoods for 5th gen preludes. seibon are all out of oem and evo. BUT, i have one last evo style cf hood here at my store.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
a little OT, but since were on the conversation, can cf hoods be waxed caused myne faded out from the sun... i wana give it its shine back, anyway to do that?

·
Registered
332 Posts
I like them on pretty much every color except black.That is just my opinion. I picked up a brand new one from my friend with CF eyelids and Brand new Sparco hood pins for 200 bucks. What a steal

·
Premium Member
4,397 Posts
djurchicprelude said:
a little OT, but since were on the conversation, can cf hoods be waxed caused myne faded out from the sun... i wana give it its shine back, anyway to do that?
buff it with a light pad with light compound to try to take the fade away, or are you talking about the carbon fiber itself? If the surface is faded buffing should take care of it, and yes you can buff it because i have and have had no problems. Also waxing it does not hurt it.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts