Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
they are extreamly hard to fine, i dont think they make them any more, and they cost an arm and a leg.

·
Registered
754 Posts
webber carbs are not that hard to find and yes they still make them, actually sometimes you can find a good pair of dcoe 40's on ebay for $600, only thing is you have to get a manifold made, try using the search icon at the top of the page im sure you will stumble across some of rich's abundant info he has posted, you really need to check out his 2g's they are beautiful his screen name is rjudgey

·
Registered
5,589 Posts
carbs

well as your a bike man i would seriously consider bolting 4 bike carbs onto your engine allready!! As your allready running 2 bike carbs this will be far easier than swapping in B series and converting to FI to run it!! Well unless you fancy a B series with bike carbs then go for it!! hehehe!!
Webers are available new and 2nd hand just harder to get in US in Europe far easier. As for the inlet manifold just need someone who is good with exhaust manifolds to make something up for you. But again all about the dollars again money can get you anything you want all depends howmuch you got and want to spend. I think you should do what i mentioned earlier and just get it running well and mod what you have allready. P.S. the stock intake has a cold air feed allready but there are a few things you can do to improve the flow into the carbs and also rejetting the carbs to make the use of the extra cooler air and exhaust system really helps too!!

·
Registered
754 Posts
individual motorcycle carbs are sick flalude is running them on his dx and they look so sweet

·
Aussie Aussie Aussie
1,697 Posts
damn i need to talk to that guy!
If you decide not to go with the bike carbs there are always second hand carbs going on e-bay which will suit. Webber, Dellhorto and if you can find the parts Mikuni Solex are still about. Here in Oz there are still people who rebuild the different types of Mikuni Solex Carbs for a price. In saying that if you are handy with your car you can probably get a rebuild kit for webber's and dellhorto's on ebay and do it yourself. I'm in the process of doing some mikuni solex 40's and I'll let you know how it goes if you like. I also have some rebuild instructions about but I'm sure if you give it a quick google or a search in the forum they will be around.

In terms of intakes you can get one from autoquip in New Zealand. I spoke with Denis recently and he can still get them made. Just give him the engine details of your car and he'll find out if he has the right pattern. Also, if you want the full kit he can probably organise that too with linkages, fully rebuilt carbs which pretty much makes it a bolt on application.This guy really knows his stuff and was the first dellhorto distributor in New Zealand many years ago. He still does racing applicationstoo! As rjudgey says, it's all about the money you want to spend.
Good luck!

·
Aussie Aussie Aussie
1,697 Posts
damn i need to talk to that guy!
And before I forget, many people incluing myself have the opinion that the new webbers being made in spain are not as good as the older ones which were made in Italy. the spanish factory just doesn't have enough quality control around their carb building process. So what I'm saying is if you want to keep prices down then go for a good condition pair of old Webbers, either 40's or 45's and get a rebuild kit to do it yourself... if time isn't a big issue then you'll save a bundle on new ones!

·
Aussie Aussie Aussie
1,697 Posts
Thanks for the info bro... But i am not going to do nothing fancy for awhile probably just get a rebuild kit for my stock carbs and rebuild those those will give me added power! Plus its a lil cheaper!
True... if you come across a rebuild kit let me know where they are.. I'll have a go at it too..:exclamation:

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
True... if you come across a rebuild kit let me know where they are.. I'll have a go at it too..:exclamation:
When I rebuilt my carbs, I got the kit from the local Napa. It didn't come with floats, but mine were still good so I didn't need the floats anyways. The kit costed me around $25-30 IIRC. They didn't have it in stock, but I got it in a couple days after they ordered it....

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yeah thats pretty cool bro! i am going to do that to my carbs just to get em' to give me a lil more power! haha,

Also i am doing a whole engine re-build so I am painting things getting almost everything new or close to new, i hope to have it all done by the end of this month, I cant wait for it to be the way it is in my head! haha!

Also do you know if you can get different color EGR valves or should i paint them?

·
Aussie Aussie Aussie
1,697 Posts
When I rebuilt my carbs, I got the kit from the local Napa. It didn't come with floats, but mine were still good so I didn't need the floats anyways. The kit costed me around $25-30 IIRC. They didn't have it in stock, but I got it in a couple days after they ordered it....
I'll have to check it out.. The problem is that lots of the suppliers in the states don't ship to Australia... I'm gonna try and get my friend in Milwaukee to ship some shit to me....

BTW... My twin's turned up today but I wasn't home so I'm gonna pick them up and then the fun begins! Mwa ha ha ha (insert evil laugh)

·
Registered
3,357 Posts
has anyone used the harley equivelent to our stock carbs? they are almost identical only less crap all over them. and you can readily get any part you need for them. somthing ive been looking into as a good replacment for my stockers. as far as i have figured out the stock harley 883 carb is identical in size,flow, jets ect to our stockers but require a different mount, you just have to make a linkage to connect the two. the only problem i see is that they are a gravity fed application and i dont know if the float can handle cutting off 5-8 psi from the pump

·
Registered
5,589 Posts
different carbs

No you can use any carb you want as you say just need to work out a way of linking them together and they linking the throttle cable to that, as for fuel, thats easy just get a carb pressure regulator readily available from most car aftermarket tuning places, King filter ones are the best normally and you can get with a gauge or a tap hole for a pipe and internal gauge, then you just set it to 3-3.5psi and job done. As for using the same size carbs if your going to all that trouble i would at least go for a larger diameter carb the engine is quite restritive and would get a nice boost from say two twin 36-40mm carbs with bigger jets etc, and this would really complement a good quality header and or downpipe with mandrel bent system in a 2-2.25" size pipe, with a mild cam upgrade expect even bigger gains. With all the above i just mentioned and say 2x 38mm carbs jetted correctly you would easily see 135-145bhp with 120-135lbft torque maybe more depends on the quality and size of the exhuast and what cam you went for.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts