Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What carbs could I buy for a 1983 Honda Prelude. I think I have the ET-2 but the motor looks like it has a lot of work done to it. Also it needs a exhaust what options are there nowadays for this car? My plan is to turn it into a reliable daily.

·
Registered
1985 Prelude
261 Posts
If you want a reliable daily, I don't recommend messing with the carbs or exhaust unless there is something already wrong with the stock ones. There's nothing off-the-shelf so you'd have to order custom intake/exhaust manifolds.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If you want a reliable daily, I don't recommend messing with the carbs or exhaust unless there is something already wrong with the stock ones. There's nothing off-the-shelf so you'd have to order custom intake/exhaust manifolds.
The manifold is messed up and there’s basically no exhaust and it is starving for fuel but I don’t hear the fuel pump when I turn on the key so I don’t know right now

·
Registered
1985 Prelude
261 Posts
Well you said "it basically doesn't have exhaust". My guess is someone went in there and fucked everything up, and I'd have to look at it to diagnose it because I can't say sitting at my desk what was done to your car.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts