Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not every time but every like two or three stops my car will drop low in the rpms and stall if I don’t give it gas. Any suggestions

·
Registered
1999 Prelude. F20B/K20A hybrid rebuild
167 Posts
Your cars Milage? And any CEL codes? If it runs normally for the most part, i would look into the cat converter being clogged. Although the stalling can be for several different reasons, a clogged cat-converter used to cause random stalling on mine. If you have a P0420 code that would be an indicator of it being clogged. Other than that is there any maintenance done to the car recently? Or is it due for a tune-up?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Your cars Milage? And any CEL codes? If it runs normally for the most part, i would look into the cat converter being clogged. Although the stalling can be for several different reasons, a clogged cat-converter used to cause random stalling on mine. If you have a P0420 code that would be an indicator of it being clogged. Other than that is there any maintenance done to the car recently? Or is it due for a tune-up?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The car has 136xxx miles the cat is not clogged bc there isn’t one clutch was just re done with all new synchros. iacv and fitv are brand new. Just hoping that the the pressure plate isn’t to tight and needs more clearance.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I had stalling from EGR valve issues. Stalled at idle after warm up.

If you unplug the vacume above the egr and stalling stops you have clogged passages or egr valve issues possibly

·
Registered
73 Posts
Not every time but every like two or three stops my car will drop low in the rpms and stall if I don’t give it gas. Any suggestions
I had bad stalling after the engine warmed up. No codes at all. Turned out to be bad plugs. I never knew plugs could so dramatically affect performance like that, at least when they didn't look all that bad. Some carbon on one or two but no problems just to look at it. I think the plugs were something like four years old.

I installed new plugs and ones designed for colder weather as is the case here at my 7000-ft. elevation. Completely solved my problem. Can't say I diagnosed anything. I just followed Eric the Car Guy's advice to forget about sensors and just focus on the basics: timing, igniter, coil, distributor cap, rotor, wires, plugs, injectors. Better to be lucky than smart I always say.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts